Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NBA Playoffs
Quote | Reply
I don’t watch a whole lot of basketball but started tuning into the playoffs and some really good games and series so far.

I’m pulling for whoever wins the Warriors-Grizzlies to win it all. Shame the have to meet so early. Golden State is always entertaining to watch (and more so without Durant) and on the other side Ja Morant is something else - so athletics and electrifying. Just an absolute superstar. Plus I like to see former Gonzaga players to do well (Tillie hasn’t gotten any time yet but Brandon Clarke having a great playoffs)

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: NBA Playoffs [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
10, 9, 8, 76ers!

The Embiid injury is a buzzkill.

Otherwise I’m rooting for Suns. Would like to see CP3 get one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Four sets of games going on and the winner of the Championship might come from any one of three of them..
Quote Reply
Re: NBA Playoffs [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
10, 9, 8, 76ers!

Otherwise I’m rooting for Suns. Would like to see CP3 get one.

This is a bummer and changes that series.

My picks:

Heat over 76ers
Celtics over Bucks
Suns over Mavs
GSW over Grizz (this will be very entertaining)

Hope Steph Curry has another one in him.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: NBA Playoffs [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
10, 9, 8, 76ers!

"I think he broke my face - hahahahaha - but that's The Playoffs, right?"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad the Nets got swept. Not sure if the Celtics were rusty from downtime after the Nets, or if the Bucks are truly better than the Celtics. I wouldn't bet against the Bucks to repeat though. Budenholzer is an underrated coach.

Am a fan of Embiid - not so much the Sixers. Especially now w/Harden there. Then again, it's easy to root against any of the Philly teams. Or more accurately, their fans. Not sure they get past this round, given circumstances.

Ja Morant (and Trae Young, before elimination) are a couple of today's players that I tune in to watch if their teams are playing.
Quote Reply
Re: NBA Playoffs [40-Tude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tyrese Maxey's smile is infectious & contagious; if he can light it up today & Wednesday we MIGHT have a chance without MVBiid

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like the injury to Garry Payton II motivated the Warriors. Put up 142 on Memphis last night.

Embid coming back should make the 76ers-Heat series more interesting. Still waiting for Harden to look like something more than a shell of his former self scoring wise. Just averaging 18.6 ppg this playoffs which doesn't seem like much from a guy who lead the league in scoring 3 of the past 5 years. Though I suppose it is 18.6 more than they'd be getting from Ben Symmons...

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 76ers are going to have a difficult decision to make this offseason too... I'm assuming it could change based on the manner in which they head home, but... If you're their GM, do you extend Harden with another max deal? They could certainly find some cheaper ways to get 18 points on the board every night, but... Harden brings some ball movement that's kinda tough to replicate too...
Quote Reply
Re: NBA Playoffs [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clap your hands

Quote Reply
Re: NBA Playoffs [trois_pample] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whelp, Harden must read slowtwitch and used my post as bulletin board material. Dropped 31 points to go with 9 assists and 7 boards.

And now you will have a fired up and motivated Embid after losing the MVP race. I think the 76ers will be heading to the next round

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kardashian curse strikes again. Devin Booker. Ben Simmons. James Harden.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Suns with an absolutely embarrassing first half. Only scored 27 points and down by 30. Their top 3 players (Paul, Booker, and Ayton) combined for a grand total of 6 points. They might as well skip the second half and just catch an early flight to Cancun

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris Paul's legacy is permanently scarred now. 3 epic collapses on 3 different teams.
Quote Reply
Re: NBA Playoffs [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chemist wrote:
Suns with an absolutely embarrassing first half. Only scored 27 points and down by 30. Their top 3 players (Paul, Booker, and Ayton) combined for a grand total of 6 points. They might as well skip the second half and just catch an early flight to Cancun

There was some meme that the Suns will be re-tooling their roster. Looking to sign Simmons, Kyrie, Harden, and Westbrook. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Mavs continually surprise me... I know they've had a great season... I keep seeing them win games that matter against teams that are trying... But I still feel like I could replace... Maybe 3/4ths of players on their team with the 50th percentile NBA player (at that person's respective position) and improve their lineup... That can't be normal, can it?

As a thought experiment: They're about to go up against Golden State... If all the players from Dallas and GS got thrown into a communal pot and they picked teams before the game started, I think Luka would be the only player from Dallas that I'd take in the top 6 (and I wouldn't take him first... I'd probably go... 1. Curry 2. Luka 3. Draymond 4. Poole 5. Wiggins 6. 1.5-legged Klay)... But... I wouldn't take more than 2 of them in the top 7 versus Phoenix either... Even after seeing them beat the Suns...

It's going to feel really weird to me if they end up winning the championship...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:
Chris Paul's legacy is permanently scarred now. 3 epic collapses on 3 different teams.

It is interesting how with Harden's and Paul's careers are winding down, with epic playoff collapses and fails that we recall...holy shit they were in the same back court once!
Quote Reply
Re: NBA Playoffs [opusTpenguin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
opusTpenguin wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:

It is interesting how with Harden's and Paul's careers are winding down, with epic playoff collapses and fails that we recall...holy shit they were in the same back court once!

One of those epic collapses was the 2018 Western Conference Finals when Chris Paul went out gimpy at the end of game five and wouldn't play in games six or seven. Rockets had that series. Rockets get blown out in game six and had a double digit lead at halftime of game seven before everyone on the team forgot how to shoot a basketball.

Quote:
The Rockets missed 27 consecutive 3-pointers, which is a record for most ever missed consecutively in a playoff game, they also went 1-of-30 from the 3-pointer line to close out the game.

Despite laying enough bricks to build a small city, they only lost by nine points. Go 5-30 from the 3-point line to close the game (which isn't asking a lot) and they're the likely 2018 NBA Champions.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: NBA Playoffs [opusTpenguin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
opusTpenguin wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm very much a fair-weather NBA and, specifically, Celtics fan but with them being good I've been tuning in these past few months. Saw a stat that's pretty cool: the Celtics are in a position to avenge their last three playoff losses to the three teams who beat them, in the same round they were beaten.

'18-19 - lost Eastern Conf finals to Heat (playing Heat in Eastern Conf finals, starting tomorrow)
'19-20 - lost in 1st round to Nets (beat Nets in 4 games in round 1)
'20-21 - lost Eastern Conf semis to Bucks (just beat the Bucks in 7 games in Eastern Conf semis)
Quote Reply
Re: NBA Playoffs [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Celtics have been a weird team this post season. Either they lose or they blow the other team out. After sweeping the Nets in round 1 they haven’t had any close victories the past two rounds:

6-5 record the past two rounds

Average margin of victory on those 6 wins is 19.5 points (23, 8, 13, and 28 against the Bucks; 25 and 20 against the Heat)

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Warriors gunna close out today? Predictions? I say Dallas wins this one.
Quote Reply
Re: NBA Playoffs [tri_kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GSW did get blown out in the last closeout game so I'm sure they don't want that to happen again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Kerr gave a pretty strong speech about the shooting. FYI, his father was shot and killed in Lebanon when he was teaching at a university.
Quote Reply