Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pantani -- "Last Taboo Finally Shattered"
Quote | Reply
If true, another twist to this already tragic saga.

Again, hope Marco finds more peace in the next life than he did in this one.

http://www.procycling.com/...main.asp?newsId=4950
Quote Reply
Re: Pantani -- "Last Taboo Finally Shattered" [alpedhuez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Less obvious is what use Pantani could have had for a third category of medicine - a female contraceptive pill - which he was storing alongside boxes of tranquillisers and anti-depressants. This may be revealed in the forthcoming days."

I don't like what they're hinting at.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: Pantani -- "Last Taboo Finally Shattered" [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't get that bit at all -- what was being insinuated there?

I thought the cocaine habit allegation was rough enough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He was really a "chick."

Unbelieveable. All this time, that dude was a female.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
with the bith control pill and the tranquilizers, I thought they were insinuating like he was going to tranquilize a female, have sex with her, and somehow have her take the pill. Maybe I watch too much CSI.

Maybe there is another reason and I'm too "drug naive" to know about ... which would be a good thing, right?

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in Italy this week, actually in Pantani's home region (Romagna) and there is no doubt in the local press about his demise (cocaine), though some speculation that it may have been at least partially suicidal.

Of course, the local take is that the problems in his short unhappy life can not be attributed to just his use of cocaine, but also an overindulgence in the region's speciality, piadina, a slightly tortilla like bread that is eaten with everything. The most common headline:

"Pantani, Morto; Dal (from) Cocaina e Piadina"

His was the only pro jersey I've ever bought. Liked him a helluva better than Cipo. Sigh.

Ciao Pirata.

--zee
Quote Reply
Re: Pantani -- "Last Taboo Finally Shattered" [zee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Zee. The headline you cite was interesting, too -- it was said he'd put on >20 kilos (!!) in weight prior to his death. Had you heard that as well?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I remember it saying he was significantly heavier--but 50 pounds!?! Can't remember. It was a couple of days ago, but I'll go find the article if I can.

Alas, it reminded me of all the articles after he won, an example found courtesy of Google:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/...02/italian_reaction/

Which reminded me that I think his mother (with whom, like a good Italian boy, he was very close) owned a Piadina stand... explains a lot...

--ben
Quote Reply