Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Confessions of a Triathlochondriac
Quote | Reply
Does anyone else do this or just me? I obesess over everything triathlon. Which shoes, which pedals, which bike, am I running enough, running too much, swimming enough, swimming too much, etc, etc. It's an endless list and I'm driving myself insane. Anyone have any spare Zoloft?

Oh and after my swim today I saw the most gorgeous Aegis Trident. Hmm, maybe I need one of those?
Quote Reply
Re: Confessions of a Triathlochondriac [canneberra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats what makes it fun! If i wasn't a triathlete, I would be playing xbox all day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you find yourself improving with being a triathlchondriac? The good thing about being such an athelitic being is that the continual search for improvement spills over into life outside of triathlon. Train hard, keep perspective, and stay the course.

Daniel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah i felt that way too before i got a coach, now i dont have to worry that im doing to little or too much---just put full faith into his experience and roll with it. About the equipment, I dont have the luxury of having enough money to worry about gear. I got what i got, and thats what im going to use.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's funny - I used to be very much like that and then for whatever reason just mellowed out. I know what my program can do, I know exactly where I have to be during the season to get the results I want and so on. BUT - I am now coaching my wife in her first (serious) year of triathlon and she is exactly how I used to be (and what you describe). If I have her for 3.6K in the pool and she gets theere late and only gets in 3.4K she is very, very concerned that she is going to suffer in June. I'd say, if you knoiw you have a good program/coach and if your bike fits and all the other stuff is there - just relax and go with it. Trust the process and you'll be fine. And don't forget to fire up the Xbox or PS2 every now and then. :)

"To give less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Pre

MattMizenko.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

And don't mention being sick and wondering "should I work out or not"
Quote Reply
Re: Confessions of a Triathlochondriac [denewone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you are not suppose to train if you are sick?

:-)
Quote Reply
Re: Confessions of a Triathlochondriac [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sick? First day back after 4 days of rest with the flu. Rode with a fast group and planned on sitting in. Yeah right! HR 15 beats above AeT! At least I got my sinus congestion cleared!
Quote Reply