Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

San Diego Bike Ride
Quote | Reply
i am going to san diego in late march. northworst airlines is now charging $80 to pack a bike. EACH WAY! that is basically a good way to say "we REALLY don't want you to bring a bike on our plane". okay fine.

so..... does anyone know if there is anywhere to rent a road bike for a day?

i've got the green light from my family to have one day on my own to ride. any suggestions on ride? i'm thinking about taking my time on a century ride with plenty of climbs and views. mt. palomar? any specifics on route would be appreciated. maybe even north county, i'll be staying in san clemente, but probably be meeting a buddy somewhere closer to the city.

thanks in advance.

It's not easy to juggle a pregnant wife and a troubled child, but somehow I managed to squeeze in 8 hours of TV a day - Homer Simpson
Quote Reply
Re: San Diego Bike Ride [TheMonkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you want a hill to climb, get to Palomar. Lake Wolhford has some good hills to which can be a good warm up to Palomar.

Don't know where to rent a bike. Try Nytro or B&L Bikes.

TheBikeRacer.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bike 101 in Solana Beach rents bikes. Here's a link:

http://www.bike-101.com/bikerentals.html.

My sister in law rented from there about a year ago and I think it was around $40 for 24 hrs. I think Nytro rents bikes also.

Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bought a new wetsuit at Nytro yesterday. They have bikes for rent. I believe the one I saw was a Cannondale.
Quote Reply