Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike ordering and the Kestrel Air Foil Pro
Quote | Reply
I have been following the dealer/consumer threads that Tom and others have begun and have found them both interesting and enlightening. So here's another thread on the basic topic.

I am looking to buy a new bike this year, and am admittedly waiting for the new Kestrel to become available in my size, because before I buy any other bike, I want to satisfy my curiousity about the Air Foil Pro. But here's the rub...

I have been told that supplies of the bike in my size are not going to be ready till May and are apparently going to be in short supply. So the dealers that I have contacted...and kestrel-usa itself...have said that if I really wanted to be certain of getting one, I should "pre-order" it now.

Now it is a great looking bike and it may be exactly what I want and need in a bike, but until I can see it and try it, I don't want to put $$$$ down on a blind bet that because it looks great in the ads, it'll be great for me. I also don't mind waiting till mid-season to buy a new bike, but am concerned that if it is a good fit for me, one may not be available if I don't jump now.

I'm not blaming kestrel for the dilemna or any of the dealers I've contacted...this is the nature of business with almost any potentially high-demand new model of anything, and it does look like they have done a great job with this bike. But it sure is a bit frustrating from the consumer point of view.

Thoughts? Do I just stay patient and wait and get one for Christmas?:)

Have a good week folks,

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: Bike ordering and the Kestrel Air Foil Pro [Mark M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's too many questions left unanswered here. Buy something else or wait to have your questions answered about the Kestrel.

At this stage my instinct tells me you should get a good fitting and take the fitters recommendation on what to buy. Then buy it.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply