Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Florida rides
Quote | Reply
I am taking my bike on a road trip and I will be spending a week riding in Florida. Can anyone recommend good roads to get 50-80 mile rides in the Tampa or West Palm Beach area?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Florida rides [stl_triness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, I live in West Palm Beach and we do most of our rides over on A1A, or up on Jupiter Island (20min North). A1A is a great place to ride. Very scenic and plenty of cyclists. Check out www.syndicate3.com, and let us know when you're coming to town. Maybe we can meet up for a ride. Enjoy the trip!

Mark

Fit2Tri Multisport
http://www.fit2tri.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out Clermont, if you have the flexibility in your schedule. It is about 1 hour east of Tampa, 25 minutes west of Orlando. The Clermont roads have far less traffic as it is more of a rural area, especially on the west side. Believe it or not, there are some seriously steep little hills in Clermont, too. These roads host all of the Clermont tris, including the Great Floridian IM.

Check out www.windermereroadies.com for maps and group ride information. You are more than welcome to join our group rides.

I do most of my riding in Clermont. I spend a lot of time on the east coast as well. Love AIA, but you generally have more traffic and its all long and straight. Clermont will give you more diversity. But then again, I do love the AIA ocean rides.

Enjoy.
Quote Reply
Re: Florida rides [Mark in FL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your suggestions! Actually, I will be closer to Jupiter than WPB. Some friends are driving down around March 7-12 to watch the St Louis Cardinals spring training and I am tagging along with my bike to knock the snow out of it (or maybe me!).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just returned from a 5 day ,mini camp for the West Palm area. We did a number of the rides metioned above, very cool and beautiful. I would like to add one that is worth while checking out, there is an 10ft wide bike path that goes around Lake Oceechobee. It is built on top of a dyke between the lake an the canal system on the outside. The Perimeter distance is 120 miles, very very flat, the only hills encountered were bridges. The wildlife was spectacular and scenic.
Quote Reply
Re: Florida rides [jTenniswood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're going to be in the Tampa-St. Pete area check out The St. Pete Mad Dogs website www.stpetemaddogs.com (They also have a hotline number on their website for info) & The St. Pete Bike Club website www.stpetecycling.com. They have rides about everyday morning and evening groups.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Assuming I survive the 12/24 hour "race" this weekend at Sebring, we could do an early ride around Jupiter Islandc on March 7. Email me or Mark in FL. PS, it was sunny and 80 all weekend...
Quote Reply