Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tinley Talks (but should he) [TonyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last thing we need here is to argue politics. And for some reason spell check did not like "mores".

Be that as it may, I have and always will bash liberals, politics is a love of my life. Being tax season I dislike the "tax and gift" liberal ideals (tax the educated successful - give to the lazy and unwilling). We should keep the site on point. As should ST with his columns.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Tinley Talks (but should he) [Record9ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
   I am probably as conservative as you, Record9ti, but I wonder sometimes at your intolerance. What you need to remember is that Tinley and people like him have lived the fairy tale life that you and I dream of as we toil away at our "$130,000+ household income" lives in order to support our triathlon habit. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't have spent the last 16 years training to kill people for my country. I'd have spent it training to "kill" people in swim/bike/run, and living a decidely more "hippie liberal crap" life. I'd like nothing more than to get up, do a killer 2-3 hour ride, eat, sleep, run, eat, sleep, write a column and make appearances at various functions related to my chosen passion, triathlon.

I dream of the day four years from now when I can retire from the military at a relatively young 38, and can then live the life I live vicariously through Tinley's column. I don't agree with all that he writes, but who knows how I'll turn out when I'm living that lifestyle....

Yes, I'd like to hear more of his thoughts on the sport. If you read deeper into his column, however, you'll start to understand his thoughts on the sport. As a member of the Big 4, he comes from a place regarding the sport that you and I can only imagine. What makes him tick is more than just swim/bike/run....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Last thing we need here is to argue politics. .[/reply] then don't start by going off on a politcal diatribe in the first place.

consider me a card carrying liberal with a 200k income and a 750K home

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Re: Tinley Talks (but should he) [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"The last thing I need is his reminiscing and promoting of liberal ideals."

Well, I'd rather listen to any liberal over any conservative on any day. And the further right of center that they move, the less time I have for them. But that's just my politics.
My responce was at issue with this. - and if you make that much money and are liberal that is great. I will presume that you are in Kalifornia. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually no. I don't make that much money and I live in rural Ontario. We're comfortable as a small town chiropractor married to an elementary school teacher but are certainly a long way from what could be classed as wealthy.I am "liberal" in the sense that I do support government funded health programs and social programs for the disadvantagedl. If I have to pay more tax to have a more equal society to live in then so be it.

BTW up here in the Great White North our current government is the Liberal Party, who I incidently voted for in our last election.

Does this have anything to do with triathlon??
Quote Reply
Re: Tinley Talks (but should he) [eric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply][.reply]Last thing we need here is to argue politics. .[./reply] then don't start by going off on a politcal diatribe in the first place.

consider me a card carrying liberal with a 200k income and a 750K home[/reply]

Of course in Silicon Valley that 750K house might look pitifully small to those folks unfamiliar with the local real estate values!
Quote Reply
Re: Tinley Talks (but should he) [danielito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2400 sq feet on 1.3 acres ain't bad [plus then you add in the 2000 acre community owned forrest [100 homes total] and Its a steal

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Original post:
[reply]Last thing we need here is to argue politics. (snip)

Be that as it may, I have and always will bash liberals, politics is a love of my life. Being tax season I dislike the "tax and gift" liberal ideals(snip) [/reply] End of original post

Hey Record,

Not sure what your post has to do with Dean Martin but I have heard that you conservative types can get a little confused, so think nothing of it.

TonyG

What is Enoch Root?
Quote Reply
Re: Tinley Talks (but should he) [TonyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now the insults? You people need to get off of it - then again democrats often do fall back on name calling, and it is never their own fault. It is certainly the fault of another person who should take responcibility (Hell even Clintons lies were his abusive fathers fault).

Back to triathlon anyone? If people here would like to have a battle of wits on politics I can lead you to a link on a political topic. Income, yet another link.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry Record,

It's just that your reply to my initial post had nothing to do with what I wrote, and from there I simply could not help myself.

No hard feelings I hope.

TonyG

What is Enoch Root?
Quote Reply
Re: Tinley Talks (but should he) [eric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This entire thread has become disgusting. I don't give a rats ass how much any of you make or how big your God damn house is. It's nice to see that you feel validated by the size of your paycheck. Long live superficiality!
Quote Reply

Prev Next