Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Jan. 30 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 30 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am very happy because the velodrome re-opens today :D

How is everyone else?
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 30 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ooooo velodrome! That sounds so fun.

I'm good. After loosing a lot of training days to a non-COVID illness the week before last, I got all my workouts in last week, to a number, even stretching. It was the first week of school too, so that's extra great.

This week:

M: Swim. I started training with the masters team adn it's so fun. We're coached by the assistant coach of our D1 team.

T: rest day best day.

W: Ride

Th: Strength

F: rest day best day (still lovin' these 2-rest-day weeks!)

Sa: Long trainer ride

Su: Longish run

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 30 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm okay. My goals were 7/7 days with healthy coping skills - DONE! and little to no running as something is off in the foot I had surgery on. I had an orthopod appt Thursday with the local guy and there's nothing visible on imaging, either xray or ultrasound. It's hard to say if the screw is rubbing the tendon a tiny tiny bit, or if it has irritated the sural nerve, or what. I'm able to run or walk for varying distances w/o pain then it starts - the trigger seems to be too much accumulated forefoot pushoff. I'm trying to get an appt with a foot surgeon in OKC to see what they think; the orthopod is great but he's a generalist and it is worth it to me to see someone more specialized.

Anyway, I ran 2x for a total of 7.4 miles, swam 6 times for a total of 12.3 miles, and did a little walking and a little stairmaster. I lifted maybe twice?

goals this week are the same as last. Journaling has really been helping. I'm super, super frustrated not really being able to run. And I didn't do anything dumb this time... this started acting up two days after I'd raced outside for the first time since May (I'd done some easy runs outside) so it's hard to say if something happened in the race or if I did too much post race or what but it wasn't like I was being stupid and not paying attention to mileage and whatnot. So that is comforting at least. Thanks for listening. I'm both grateful for what I can do and really miss running.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 30 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How are the kittens???
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 30 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
soft and cuddly and growing fast! Everyone but one has open eyes now!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gah I don't even know what to do!!!! So cute :) I'm so glad you're doing that!

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
soft and cuddly and growing fast! Everyone but one has open eyes now!

Yay!!! Give them a snuggle from me.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan. 30 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we're on our third snow day and I think they are sleep deprived because I keep petting them and they often wake up when touched lol

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
we're on our third snow day and I think they are sleep deprived because I keep petting them and they often wake up when touched lol

That's funny. I remember when I got my puppy she would get so annoyed if you woke her up.
Quote Reply