Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Thanks FORM goggles, 1 mile TT PR [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
M----n wrote:
The goggles to carbon analogy is fair. You use pacing aids (audible aids, visual aids) to assist you to maintain speed you could not maintain without those aids. Just like carbon inserts allow runners to maintain speeds deeper into races.

Anyway, congrats on the PB. I don't even disagree with you on the shoes thing, it's just the fact that you can't see the parallel that is strange.

No because the only similarity would be running a race with a watch vs without, where there is only clock at finish
M----n wrote:
IKnowEverything wrote:
Is it really a PR, since you have to attribute your improvement in times to modern, previously unattainable technology?

I know, right? Call me when he does it with swedes and an analog clock.

Actually now that I recall my times were faster training with swedes for 1k - 1.5k cause they were so painful you want to get session over asap

###update### found these for run/bike. bit pricey though:

https://everysight.com/ and https://us.engoeyewear.com/

A friend of mine got a pair of the Engo - they’re pretty good once setup, but require a bit of effort to connect to your watch each time, not a simple grab and go operation. Not nearly as simple as the Form goggles for sure.

Re: Thanks FORM goggles, 1 mile TT PR [140triguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone for your ideas, experiences, and perspective. Greatly appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: Thanks FORM goggles, 1 mile TT PR [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IKnowEverything wrote:
Is it really a PR, since you have to attribute your improvement in times to modern, previously unattainable technology?

well its certainly not a fina approved record
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
first of all, AOS in the tri game 10+ years, so not fast for some of you. Missed goal of sub 30min 4 years ago by 4 sec, because I did not know what pace I was doing (for sure had better swim fitness back then). Next year got the Marlin audible swim pacing device which I blogged about https://coupleofathletes.wordpress.com/...h-swim-game-changer/ .... 3 or so months before the race someone stole them from me at the pool while showering. Then next 2 years, that lovely time warp disease canceled my go to mile swim race. During this time I learned not to depend on races, make your own! Finally this year got the FORM goggles which displays pace in the lens. Also brought the Tayogo music phones, which i think was something that helped me during my better swim days. Today finally hit the goal, 29:38 !! started off fast first 100, kept 5min 300s, then finished fast with the last 100. Mile should be 1760yd, but the pool was 25yd so the extra distance requires more a push. Speaking of push, open turns only, no flips. Next goal will be to do this flipping, since I am not that great at it.

Great to hear

I am happy for you

Do they show distance and pace in open water as well?
Quote Reply
Re: Thanks FORM goggles, 1 mile TT PR [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:

Great to hear

I am happy for you

they can but you need to pair with watch garmin 735 or higher. I have not used in ows (if anything am afraid to lose them in the water)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
MrTri123 wrote:

Great to hear

I am happy for you

they can but you need to pair with watch garmin 735 or higher. I have not used in ows (if anything am afraid to lose them in the water)

Have you ever lost goggles in the water?!?!?!?!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Thanks FORM goggles, 1 mile TT PR [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
synthetic wrote:
MrTri123 wrote:

Great to hear

I am happy for you

Have you ever lost goggles in the water?!?!?!?!

Yes, and a Garmin watch. Packed swim race in ocean, Garmin chopped off my hand by competitor, goggles lost coming back in waves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
MrTri123 wrote:

Great to hear

I am happy for you

Be careful with this too... they don't pair with the 935 and never will according to FORM. Something about the data fields if I recall correctly.
Quote Reply

Prev Next