Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What goggles do you use? (And what is our poll missing?) [tjfry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Magic5
No leaking,no fog!
Quote Reply
Re: What goggles do you use? (And what is our poll missing?) [JoeMota] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Form! Love them.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: What goggles do you use? (And what is our poll missing?) [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the sporti swede style....I bought a pair about 5 years ago for $2.50 just to see how some of the competitive swimmers using them could manage without any "padding". As someone with a high bridge on my snout who always had issue with the nose piece I found them perfect...no issues anymore and super comfy...I was shocked and it is all I use now. As an added benefit I can order a few clear pairs, light tint and dark tint for any swim conditions and only spend about $20!
Last edited by: Allan: Jan 22, 22 5:38
Quote Reply
Re: What goggles do you use? (And what is our poll missing?) [tjfry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rule of thumb: if you’re at an open-water race or wave start tri, and a swimmer with Swedish goggles is nearby, it’s a safe bet that swimmer is someone you want to draft off. But also be aware that someone wearing Swedish goggles has been swimming for decades, and knows all the tricks to swimming in groups, from years in crowded lanes, and therefore knows how to shake someone who is drafting.

Swedish goggles are not as prevalent as in years past. Most likely, wearers will be no younger than 35 and will range up to about 52 years old.

A note about Aegend and others sold at Amazon: I think life-long swimmers grew up with swim brands like Speedo, Tyr, arena, so they tend to stick to these. Generic brands like aegend are seen somewhat the same way that runners might consider cheap shoes or “athletic clothing” from big-box stores. Those might be decent items, but somewhat suspect.

Life-long swimmers also tend to buy more inexpensive goggles from the main suppliers. This is mostly bc of the need to have 4-6 pairs around all the time for the volume of practices and the fact that goggles break and get lost.
Quote Reply
Re: What goggles do you use? (And what is our poll missing?) [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why doesn’t TYR make the RaceTech in smoke or Metalized anymore?
Quote Reply
Re: What goggles do you use? (And what is our poll missing?) [140triguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@140triguy
Might want to bump up your age range.
56 and still using Swedes for all uses.
Quote Reply
Re: What goggles do you use? (And what is our poll missing?) [Kampinou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Decathlon top tier goggle is pretty similar to the fastskins. At 35 CAD it was worth trying them. I have been training in Speed Socket 2.0 lately and racing in Arena Cobra Ultra. The Cobra has been the most reliable google for dive starts I have ever used.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply

Prev Next