Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2022 Musselman 70.3
Quote | Reply
For this race in July 2022, anyone know if it will be a qualifier for StG Worlds in 2022 or Finland in 2023?

Thanks,
@Kid
Quote Reply
Re: 2022 Musselman 70.3 [atkid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd venture a guess that it's St. George. Usually races through mid July qualified for 70.3 Worlds, and with the race being around 6 weeks later this year (late October), I'd guess that even some August races would be qualifiers for St. George. I'm sure there is a list somewhere.

I had planned to race Mussleman for a slot, but got a retroactive spot from 70.3 Maine.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: 2022 Musselman 70.3 [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was my guess too but not so sure. Both Musselman and Muskoka are on same day, July 10th but don't appear on the Ironman site as a StG qualifier (yet).

@Kid
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slots were for St. George this past year if that helps but IM also needed to hand out tons of slots due to the pandemic. I would email the race & ask.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Races before July 4th,2022 -> st.george.. after Finland
https://www.ironman.com/...ld-championship-slot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did Musselman 70.3 this past July 11, 2021 (great race all around - btw) and was 3rd in my AG. I didn't stick around for WC slots since I wasn't planning on going to St George (had other plans). But I got an invite via email on Aug 7th for the 2021 WC in St George.

I'm signed up for Muskoka 70.3 also on July 10th in 2022. The IM Muskoka 70.3 page says they will offer slots to the 2022 WC. But as we all know, things can change on the Ironman websites. I hope the slots on July 10th races go to 2023. I'd like to go to Finland :-)

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Re: 2022 Musselman 70.3 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have emailed Ironman to ask location and # of spots available. Ironman offices are closed for the holidays so won't hear back until Jan. If I do receive a response, I will update this thread.

I noticed Muskoka on same day..have raced there 7-8 times for the Long Course and 70.3 going back to 1992. Looking for something different next year - Musselman has had excellent reviews pre and post Ironman takeover so looking forward to new experiences.

@Kid
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
atkid wrote:
I have emailed Ironman to ask location and # of spots available. Ironman offices are closed for the holidays so won't hear back until Jan. If I do receive a response, I will update this thread.

I noticed Muskoka on same day..have raced there 7-8 times for the Long Course and 70.3 going back to 1992. Looking for something different next year - Musselman has had excellent reviews pre and post Ironman takeover so looking forward to new experiences.

@Kid

I never did Musselman pre-Ironman but I believe it's the same RD. And he/she did a great job (sorry I can't remember who exactly is the RD but it was extremely well organized). I really enjoyed the whole weekend. It's a nice area too. We left that Monday morning but wish we had stayed an extra day to enjoy more wine tasting. We did an 11am tasting on Monday, had lunch and drove 5 hours home mid-day. Looking forward to Muskoka as we have never been to Ontario. We have raced in Quebec several times doing both events in Mont Tremblant. We are staying an extra day in Muskoka.

Keep us posted on what you learn! Either way it's all good. I am planning a Sept full IM but just realized St George is in late Oct 2022 so it's a possibility if I'm lucky enough to grab a slot. But I really want to go to Finland. I love racing in Europe after 2 fun experiences there!

Quote Reply
Re: 2022 Musselman 70.3 [Triingtotrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it usually wetsuit legal?
Quote Reply
Re: 2022 Musselman 70.3 [bjgwoody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bjgwoody wrote:

Having a house on Seneca Lake and swimming there many times I would think about a 99.9% chance to yes wetsuit legal

BUT have ne er done the race so I don’t know
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bjgwoody wrote:

Yup and I was comfortable in a full wetsuit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Forgot to update this post sooner. The cutoff for 70.3 World qualifier events is:

July 3rd or earlier: 2022 St George
After July 3rd including Muskoka and Musselman: 2023 Finland

@Kid
Quote Reply