Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: M2F dominating NCAA swimming [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Can you clarify what l'm missing?

Do you understand the difference between a bathroom or bathroom stall that is not being shared, vs a locker room where people shower and get dressed in a communal area? I only ask this question because you seem to want to conflate the two.

I do understand. But l wasn't talking about a locker room. I was more talking about bathrooms. Was that the wrong thing?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: M2F dominating NCAA swimming [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

Do you understand the difference between a bathroom or bathroom stall that is not being shared, vs a locker room where people shower and get dressed in a communal area? I only ask this question because you seem to want to conflate the two.

I do understand. But l wasn't talking about a locker room. I was more talking about bathrooms. Was that the wrong thing?
Considering you’ve been dismissive of the legitimate concerns that surround this debate and the fact that locker rooms were the focus, yes. It was the wrong thing to keep arguing.
Quote Reply
Re: M2F dominating NCAA swimming [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeeper wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

Start re-reading back around post #968 and those exchanges. Find the commonality in what Bumblebee said and what I said to you. Then re-read your replies and find where the details are different.

I don't want to die on any hill but l was simply trying to look at this issue from multiple angles. I guess l missed that this was a locker room only discussion. Sorry if l somehow sidetracked things. It seems like so many threads here end up talking about many topics that were not necessarily in the OP. So l thought that was ok.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeeper wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

Considering you’ve been dismissive of the legitimate concerns that surround this debate and the fact that locker rooms were the focus, yes. It was the wrong thing to keep arguing.

Alright good to know.

I definitely was not trying to be dismissive. I was more curious about the public bathroom angle.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Yeeper wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

Start re-reading back around post #968 and those exchanges. Find the commonality in what Bumblebee said and what I said to you. Then re-read your replies and find where the details are different.

I don't want to die on any hill but l was simply trying to look at this issue from multiple angles. I guess l missed that this was a locker room only discussion. Sorry if l somehow sidetracked things. It seems like so many threads here end up talking about many topics that were not necessarily in the OP. So l thought that was ok.

The locker room concerns on this topic are not new. There are those who don't want trans individuals to use the same bathrooms as the opposite biological sex and that is one of the arguments. However the other very pressing argument has been surrounding the open locker rooms. And it was brought up in this thread. And it was argued by multiple posters. Including one who presented the view and argument of a female collegiate swimmer who felt quite uncomfortable with it.

So while you were very fixated on JUST the bathroom issue without "nary a peep about penises" you acted as if physical attacks were the only concern and seemed baffled when I mentioned that there were others. And posters repeatedly used the phrases locker rooms or changing areas or facilities and not just bathrooms.

You didn't take the time to read.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Again, sorry if I appeared dismissive.

Lockers I can understand. But I did not know this thread was restricted to locker rooms only, so I was just curious about the bathroom issue, especially since, in years past, many americans had few qualms about forcing people of all genders to share a bathroom. Not claiming that situation is identical to the present, but sometimes past events have some lessons for the current day.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Again, sorry if I appeared dismissive.

Lockers I can understand. But I did not know this thread was restricted to locker rooms only, so I was just curious about the bathroom issue, especially since, in years past, many americans had few qualms about forcing people of all genders to share a bathroom. Not claiming that situation is identical to the present, but sometimes past events have some lessons for the current day.

You’re right. The situation isn’t identical. In fact it’s not really relevant at all got a few reasons.

First, we can learn from the past. So you should really stop saying “well there was no issue back then.” Because by and large we have moved on from that.

Secondly, the issue isn’t synonymous because there was still a great deal of apprehension around forcing men and women to share restrooms. Care to wager how those generations felt about privacy and modesty?

The issue is blacks aren’t treated the same as whites. So they weren’t given the same respect or considerations. Your use of their single bathroom to be shared is not a shining example of “sharing restrooms was fine back then.”

If you ask me preserving modesty for populations is a good thing and civil rights and equality is also a good thing.
Quote Reply

Prev Next