Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Brian Kelly to LSU [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
G-man wrote:
You know when I moved from Montana to Baton Rouge in the 1970s, I hadn't been there a week and when I called my mom she said I talk like a "Hillbilly". It is contagious. At least coach Kelly is easier to understand than Coach O.....Geaux Tigers. Then when we moved to Hawaii from Louisiana, I could always tell when my wife talked to her mother on the phone. I would say "What did your mama have to say?", she would laugh and say "Busted" Her accent wasn't really strong, but it changed for a few hours upon immersion by phone.

I’m going to sound a bit like Windy with his SEC death pact, but, you should encourage your school to stop hiring shitbags. I get that a lot of football coaches are assholes, but lsu has been working overtime for as long as I can remember to try and corner the market. They haven’t succeeded by any means, but damn.

Brian Kelly’s is a well documented shitbag
Ogeron-well documented shitbag
Miles- Haha shitbag (but at least he got another check from the idiots at KU and the guy that hired him got canned because he is such a shitbag)

I can’t even remember who preceded Miles, was it Saban?

Nothing against the fans, and/or alumni, but geez the institution could try to do better at some point.
Quote Reply
Re: Brian Kelly to LSU [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
G-man wrote:
You know when I moved from Montana to Baton Rouge in the 1970s, I hadn't been there a week and when I called my mom she said I talk like a "Hillbilly". It is contagious. At least coach Kelly is easier to understand than Coach O.....Geaux Tigers. Then when we moved to Hawaii from Louisiana, I could always tell when my wife talked to her mother on the phone. I would say "What did your mama have to say?", she would laugh and say "Busted" Her accent wasn't really strong, but it changed for a few hours upon immersion by phone.

I’m going to sound a bit like Windy with his SEC death pact, but, you should encourage your school to stop hiring shitbags. I get that a lot of football coaches are assholes, but lsu has been working overtime for as long as I can remember to try and corner the market. They haven’t succeeded by any means, but damn.

Miles- Haha shitbag (but at least he got another check from the idiots at KU and the guy that hired him got canned because he is such a shitbag)

Nothing against the fans, and/or alumni, but geez the institution could try to do better at some point.

Saban was before Les and then Dinardo before Saban
Quote Reply
Re: Brian Kelly to LSU [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
chriskal wrote:
G-man wrote:

So, more shitbags!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
windywave wrote:
chriskal wrote:
G-man wrote:

So, more shitbags!

To be fair every SEC coach is a shitbag
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
chriskal wrote:
windywave wrote:
chriskal wrote:
G-man wrote:

So, more shitbags!

To be fair every SEC coach is a shitbag

This is, of course, the correct take. However, some bags of shit are more voluminous than others.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chriskal, LSU ain't my skool. I lived in Louisiana for twenty years and rooted for the Saints, LSU, Centenary, Grambling, Southern and LA Tech when I lived there. Got to see some amazing things at LSU. Like Hershal Walker running the 60m indoors. That dude was big and fast. The guys in the next lane sort had to run leaning into the outside of their lane. Got to see Shaq and Pistol Pete play hoops too. I loved living in Louisiana, but U of Montana Griz is my school. SEC night time football is something to behold. Never seen a game in the Big House, but 70k plus fans going nuts is pretty cool to watch. My Geaux Tigers remark was was a quote from Coach O, prolly the only words I could ever understand him say.
Quote Reply
Re: Brian Kelly to LSU [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
G-man wrote:
chriskal, LSU ain't my skool. I lived in Louisiana for twenty years and rooted for the Saints, LSU, Centenary, Grambling, Southern and LA Tech when I lived there. Got to see some amazing things at LSU. Like Hershal Walker running the 60m indoors. That dude was big and fast. The guys in the next lane sort had to run leaning into the outside of their lane. Got to see Shaq and Pistol Pete play hoops too. I loved living in Louisiana, but U of Montana Griz is my school. SEC night time football is something to behold. Never seen a game in the Big House, but 70k plus fans going nuts is pretty cool to watch. My Geaux Tigers remark was was a quote from Coach O, prolly the only words I could ever understand him say.

Awesome.

Having a coach that is morally comprised is a college football thing, it is not unique to the SEC or LSU. Granted LSU might care less about it that others but still it is hardly unique.

Years ago we toured LSU with my daughter and they told us the story of how/why the stadium was built. Basically Huey Long wanted a football stadium but could only get funding for dorms, so he had the dorms built in the shape of a stadium with seats on top of the dorms. When we were there students had only stopped living in the stadium a few years earlier.

Saturdays in the South are magical. I can see how some folks get jealous.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What do the last three shitbags at LSU have in common?

National Championships.

I'm no LSU fan and I agree that all three were shitbags, but I do have to wonder how many other college programs have won national titles under three consecutive coaches? My guess is none. Particularly given how few schools have even won three titles in school history.
Quote Reply
Re: Brian Kelly to LSU [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
What do the last three shitbags at LSU have in common?
y.

Cheating, police cover ups, sexual assault, illiteracy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.espn.com/...ograms-wade-scrutiny

This goes one of two ways for Kelly.... one he regrets moving to LSU since they will be penalized....two he gets paid a stupid amount of money with no pressure to win because of the sanctions
Quote Reply

Prev Next