WC
Rams
49ers
Saints

Go at it. And follow predictions.
Quote Reply
Re: 6 more weeks of NFL regular season [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All safe bets if it were 3 weeks left. As unpredictable as the season has been, six weeks out is just too much time for a bit more jumbling of the ranks.

I would not quit on the WFT, Browns, Vikings, Steelers or Colts just yet.
Quote Reply
Re: 6 more weeks of NFL regular season [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steelers are cooked and the rest of their season is not a walk in the park. The Vikings is the team with the worst record they're facing.
Otherwise it's titans, ravens twice, chiefs, browns. They're done
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Honestly with the offensive play calling alone, they're done for the season. 4th and 1 in the 4th quarter down by three touchdowns, and you go with a punt? Down by four touchdowns and every other play is a dump pass behind the line of scrimmage? Playing to lose in the last 10+ minutes and you're still running your already overworked first round draft pick tailback into the turf?

I don't know who's running things over there but it has to change yesterday.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: 6 more weeks of NFL regular season [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All the steelers fans I know want Tomlin gone 10 years ago already.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
All the steelers fans I know want Tomlin gone 10 years ago already.

You don't know me outside of here but I would echo that sentiment, maybe not 10 years but quite a while. I also have never wanted Roethlisberger, he's an overrated peace of shit and the Steelers have won despite him being quarterback.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a lifelong Vikings fan, trust me you can count the Vikings out. They were done before the season started…. Yesterday’s inept play in the fourth quarter tells you all you need to know. A chance to keep alive and also get the all important win against an opponent they would potentially be competing for a wildcard spot for and they promptly lay a fucking egg. QB lines up behind right guard when going for it on 4th and goal so you need to waste a precious timeout? Check. Team defense lets your opponent run down the field when you know they will run to use time off the clock? Check.
Quote Reply
Re: 6 more weeks of NFL regular season [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironically, few HC have a record that matches his. Among active coaches with over 100 games as HC, only Belichick has a higher W/L ratio.
If you count all current HC, you add McVay, La Fleur, and Stefanski, and that's it (I think).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tomlin's talents are threefold:
-to deliver slightly-above-mediocrity no matter how great or poor their roster's potential;
-to play down to the opponent's level no matter how low;
-and to reliably, like clockwork, deliver his team underprepared for big games.

He is unmatched in these.

Quote:
Pittsburgh Steelers Wasted One of the NFL's Most Talented Trios of All Time

The Killer B's wasted a remarkable opportunity to make history, as the Steelers won just three playoff games and made just one AFC Championship Game during the six years Ben, Brown and Bell were together.

Roethlisberger, Bell and Brown formed one of the most talented, accomplished quarterback-running back-wide receiver trios in NFL history, and certainly the most famous one since the Dallas Cowboys' "triplets" from the 1990s.

That Troy Aikman/Emmitt Smith/Michael Irvin attack won three Super Bowls in a four-year span. In 10 seasons together, they earned a combined 17 Pro Bowl nods and were first-team All-Pros on a combined five occasions.

In just six seasons together, Roethlisberger, Bell and Brown earned a combined 13 Pro Bowl nods and were first-team All-Pros on a combined six occasions.

In other words, excluding team accolades, an argument could be made that this trio was actually more accomplished than the legendary Dallas grouping.

To find a QB-RB-WR trio with combined individual accolades that trump those belonging to Ben, Bell and Brown, you've gotta jump back nearly another decade for the Joe Montana-Roger Craig-Jerry Rice unit from the 1985-1990 San Francisco 49ers.

That gang also spent exactly six seasons together, it also earned exactly 13 Pro Bowl nods, but Montana, Craig and Rice combined for nine All-Pro honors. They also teamed up for two Super Bowl wins.

Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas and Andre Reed made a combined 16 Pro Bowls over a nine-year span, but they combined for only three All-Pro nods. Still, that Buffalo Bills team won a record four consecutive conference title games between 1990 and 1993.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: 6 more weeks of NFL regular season [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You mentioned clock without saying a thing about his ability to totally forget about it ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think if you look back over his tenure, you will see their division has been normally pretty poor. When they did win the Superb Owls, their defenses where the key and were run by Dick LeBeau. Although Tomlin was a defensive guy, I think it's his lack of developing an offense which is the problem.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Ironically, few HC have a record that matches his. Among active coaches with over 100 games as HC, only Belichick has a higher W/L ratio.
If you count all current HC, you add McVay, La Fleur, and Stefanski, and that's it (I think).

I believe that irony is not lost on ownership. As much shit as Tomlin gets, somehow he has worth. Count me as a solid Tomlin supporter. The grass is not greener beyond the fence.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
Francois wrote:

I believe that irony is not lost on ownership. As much shit as Tomlin gets, somehow he has worth. Count me as a solid Tomlin supporter. The grass is not greener beyond the fence.

Lifelong Broncos fan.

I would take Tomlin in a heartbeat. No questions asked.
Quote Reply
Re: 6 more weeks of NFL regular season [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a Pats fan, I wanted to ask you if you wanted to give McDaniels a second shot ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
All the steelers fans want Tomlin gone 10 years ago already.

FIFY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:

Of course how many people get to play the browns and bengals 4 times a year. (1/4 of his games each year) Those 2 teams rarely have a team worth discussing during his life as a HC.

Even Belichick only had the Jets 2X per year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:
gofigure wrote:
Francois wrote:

Lifelong Broncos fan.

As another lifelong Broncos fan, 100% agree.

Speaking of the Broncos, i they'll rip my heart out after another awesome win, but pretty wild they are playing on Sunday night with a chance to take the lead in the AFC West (may be a long shot, but it's the reality). How is that possible?!
Quote Reply
Re: 6 more weeks of NFL regular season [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The pats and Belicheck also had the bills and fins twice per year. And for most of his tenure you could count on one or both of those teams being garbage too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:
gofigure wrote:
Francois wrote:

Lifelong Broncos fan.

We'll trade you Pete Carroll.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply