Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TriRig Upgrades for a 2016 P2
Quote | Reply
Please talk me in to or out of adding the Alpha and Omega to my stock P2.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Upgrades for a 2016 P2 [JFHJR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have money, they are both great upgrades and a really good start to making an entry-level Tri bike as fast or faster as it’s high-end counterparts. In addition to the aero gains and aesthetics, the Adjustability (including ease thereof) of the Alpha One is a huge selling point .
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Nov 27, 21 9:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s a no brainer.

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do it.
Now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It should fully scratch the upgrade itch for ~$1100 rather than the >$3500 it would take to get the least expensive new bike out there which would have a far inferior front end.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Last edited by: realbdeal: Nov 27, 21 16:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the quick responses, all. Despite the lack of consensus, I'm going to take a chance on the TriRig. Lol!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I mean...it's a gamble but you do you! haha

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the omegas on my 2013 P2 - bought it the year before they trickled down the P3 geometry :(. Just got the alpha and the skewers to add to it. Have etap 11 on it. It's pretty sweet. the aerobars were the last piece.

---------------------------------------------------------

"What the mind can conceive and believe, the mind and body can achieve; and those who stay will be champions."
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Upgrades for a 2016 P2 [jackattack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackattack wrote:
I have the omegas on my 2013 P2 - bought it the year before they trickled down the P3 geometry :(. Just got the alpha and the skewers to add to it. Have etap 11 on it. It's pretty sweet. the aerobars were the last piece.

Nice! Congrats

That is what I want

I have a 2018 P2 I think it is with the Alpha one, omegas and alpha in a 1x

I have a 2013 P3 frame I’m going to build up

I Have the Etap components, just bought the Alpha one, omegas and alpha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 2016 P2 white/blue bike and have some Tririg parts on it such as Omega brakes and Sigma stem. I would just ride as it is and buy a better bike later or buy a nice wheel set. I wouldn't spend too much money on P2.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Upgrades for a 2016 P2 [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
I have 2016 P2 white/blue bike and have some Tririg parts on it such as Omega brakes and Sigma stem. I would just ride as it is and buy a better bike later or buy a nice wheel set. I wouldn't spend too much money on P2.

Appreciate your perspective.

I have the wheels, the fit, and the helmet already. I'm not old, but I'm also not young so "buy a better bike later" isn't an option. My choice was upgrade the P2 or go much deeper into my pocket for who knows how long I'll still be a weekend warrior.

I know the P2 is already a fast bike, and with wheels and a new front on it, it can't be worse. However, if I had it to do over again, I'd have bought the P5 at the time and been done with it.

The number one piece of advice I give newbies looking to make a serious entrance into the sport (I said serious), is to buy the best stuff you can first (as long as it's only an inconvenient stretch and you're not spending the rent). I started and road 5 years on a $700 road bike because "only losers ride the fancy tri bikes". Then I bought the P2 because "only losers ride those really fancy Superbikes with fancy wheels". Then I bought fancy wheels.

All in - between time, wrenching, components - I'm definitely net down compared to just buying the P5 out of the gate. And, I would have had it for the only IM I've ever done and two other 70.3's. Instead, I did those on the road bike with stock Bontrager wheels.

I would generally agree with you, and ten-years-ago me buys a new bike. But me today is looking to hold onto the investments I've already made in the P2 and not have to deal with trying to sell it. Plus it is in amazing condition and has lots of good years ahead because it only comes out to race. I do all my training (both indoor and outdoor) on the road bike that I've closely fitted to the P2 with clip-ons.
Last edited by: JFHJR: Nov 29, 21 20:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a fully TriRig'd P3 - I think just a slightly different fork from the P2. Works great. I wouldn't consider there to be much faster out there, even in the superbike world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting

I have a P2. Bought a brand new P5 ended up selling it and getting a 2012 P3 frame to build up. IMO it is far better then a new P5

I would give the exact opposite advice with triathlon and everything in life

Buy the cheapest thing to get by. If you are stilling using it a year or so later get the best you can get
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JFHJR wrote:
Please talk me in to or out of adding the Alpha and Omega to my stock P2.

Has anyone had trouble installing an Omega One brake on a Cervelo P2 (2017)? I just bought two and my LBS told me that an Omega cannot be installed as the rear brake on the P2; it isn't compatible. The TriRig website indicates its compatible, but I'm no mechanic so I don't know what to think.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JFHJR wrote:
Thanks for the quick responses, all. Despite the lack of consensus, I'm going to take a chance on the TriRig. Lol!

So now that a year has passed, what is your experience with the TriRig Alpha on your P-2? Was it worth the investment? With the current Black Friday sale, I’m considering taking the plunge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is my 2019 P3. TriRig Alpha X with Omega X front and back (both bought used). Built it up from a new clearance Frameset I bought in January 2020 for $1,190

Last edited by: jorgegr: Nov 26, 22 16:21
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Upgrades for a 2016 P2 [jorgegr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks great!

What type of aero bottle are you using on the downtube?

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jorgegr wrote:
Here is my 2019 P3. TriRig Alpha X with Omega X front and back (both bought used). Built it up from a new clearance Frameset I bought in January 2020 for $1,190

That’s looks awesome. Do you have any other angles? I’d be curious to see what it looks like from the front.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Upgrades for a 2016 P2 [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
Looks great!

What type of aero bottle are you using on the downtube?
Looks like the Cervelo aero bottle that comes stock on the p-series. Bought one a little while ago just to see what it was like compared to the elite. Felt very cheap and I found it extremely difficult to get out of it's cage, but it does look good compared to a lot of aero bottles out there.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would this go on the PR Four Quintana Roo? It does not show as an option on the website.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Upgrades for a 2016 P2 [davegibb26.2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davegibb26.2 wrote:
Would this go on the PR Four Quintana Roo? It does not show as an option on the website.

Note that that bike has an Alpha X on it, the older bars that TriRig no longer sells. The Alpha One and Omega brakes fit on all the QR bikes except any prsix version (disc/rim/v1/v2).

Last edited by: realbdeal: Nov 27, 22 10:20
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Upgrades for a 2016 P2 [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, its the Cervelo Aerobottle 500 - it does not work too well difficult to get in and out of the cage. I tried it once, and no longer use it, I would not recommend it.

My bike has the Alpha X that I bought it used ($450) in January 2020. TriRig no longer sells it.
Last edited by: jorgegr: Nov 27, 22 10:42
Quote Reply