Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Canada also taps into their strategic reserve
Quote | Reply

Quote:

While high gas prices have pushed President Biden to tap into the US's strategic oil reserves, America's neighbor to the north is also dealing with a shortage of another so-called "liquid gold".
The Canadian group Quebec Maple Syrup Producers recently announced it was releasing about 50 million pounds of its strategic maple syrup reserves — about half of the total stockpile.

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/25/1059236116/canada-taps-into-strategic-reserves-to-deal-with-massive-shortage-of-maple-syrup?fbclid=IwAR1RjgThpvAzTbTTRAz-YFMiVENWpJYCXsAnelVqU9zvnzhQECsPEPf0PyY

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Canada also taps into their strategic reserve [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet news.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Canada also taps into their strategic reserve [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Japan too
https://www.reuters.com/...-request-2021-11-23/

I assume this is what they meant when they said they were coordinating with other nations
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so this oil comes on the market!

Who do you think is going to be the lowest bidder and buy each barrel from 'our' strategic reserve?

Yes I know oil in fungible. So who bought this oil that Pres Biden put on the market from our strategic reserve?

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Light sweet crude?
Quote Reply
Re: Canada also taps into their strategic reserve [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:

Who do you think is going to be the lowest bidder and buy each barrel from 'our' strategic reserve?

Yes I know oil in fungible. So who bought this oil that Pres Biden put on the market from our strategic reserve?

/r

I would hope we sell to the highest bidder, not the lowest.
Quote Reply
Re: Canada also taps into their strategic reserve [travelgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
our resident Math Professor is having her fun with maple syrup.

Now. As the US---and others we've conned into this deal---release hundreds of thousands of gallons from their collective reservers

who are the ones to buy these precious gallons up?

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Canada also taps into their strategic reserve [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:

/r
Lowest bidder ???? Do you not know how auctions work?

When you’re selling you want the highest bidder- in this case the government is SELLING

It’s an open auction- the highest bidder wins - if you’re trying to imply something nefarious - THIS CAN NOT BE ANY MORE TRANSPARENT - the terms are in the article below .

https://www.reuters.com/...pr-sites-2021-11-25/
Quote Reply
Re: Canada also taps into their strategic reserve [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
relax brother. I'm not implying anything

Now that Pres Biden has released oil from our strategic reserve lets just see who buys it.

in other words

Who we provide our strategic supply of oil to

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This thread is about Maple syrup not oil
Quote Reply
Re: Canada also taps into their strategic reserve [travelgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
travelgirl wrote:
Light sweet crude?

Sweet and Sour.
Quote Reply
Re: Canada also taps into their strategic reserve [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
suddenly you're a strict constructionalist here?

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clever Girl

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
This thread is about Maple syrup not oil

This.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
our resident Math Professor is having her fun with maple syrup.

Now. As the US---and others we've conned into this deal---release hundreds of thousands of gallons from their collective reservers

who are the ones to buy these precious gallons up?

/r

Chinese will buy your oil and our maple syrup. They have the coin so capitalism at its finest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Share Message - Canada's maple syrup reserve hits 16-year low
https://www.bbc.co.uk/...d-us-canada-68657703

Panic setting in as the reserve is now only at 7% capacity?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had adequate sap for household fun, but it hasn't been a great year in Maine for commercial operations. This is likely the last week the sap will run, though we may get a few days next week

Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Mar 26, 24 1:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Share Message - Canada's maple syrup reserve hits 16-year low
https://www.bbc.co.uk/...d-us-canada-68657703

Panic setting in as the reserve is now only at 7% capacity?

I heard that even though this year was not great they figure they can add some to the reserve.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply