Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: B.1.1.529 Omicron variant [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recently had COVID. First symptoms started on 11/13 with a very sore throat, ear aches, congestion and a fever up to 101.7 for two nights with chills and generally felt like shit. Got a ZPack from the doc but I don’t believe it helped at all. 4 days and I started to feel a lot better and by day 8 I was done with it. Only strange symptoms were a loss of balance randomly and shooting ear pain.

One of my daughters fell sick last week and tested positive (she works as a medical assistant while finishing her degree program online). Same exact symptoms on the same exact timeline as me. She still has lingering sinus congestion but is definitely much better.

Both of us are fully vaccinated with Pfizer. I get my booster today.

FWIW, my daughter’s friend group is being hit with COVID along with her coworkers. All mild symptoms like mine/hers (which means really sick but not hospitalized). A few unvaccinated family members of her friends are now in the hospital. In my non-scientific opinion we are now seeing a major wave here in SoCal and most likely Omicron given the latest descriptions of the virus.

No way to know if the vaccine saved me or if Omicron just isn’t as potent, or both.
Quote Reply
Re: B.1.1.529 Omicron variant [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
I recently had COVID. First symptoms started on 11/13 with a very sore throat, ear aches, congestion and a fever up to 101.7 for two nights with chills and generally felt like shit. Got a ZPack from the doc but I don’t believe it helped at all. 4 days and I started to feel a lot better and by day 8 I was done with it. Only strange symptoms were a loss of balance randomly and shooting ear pain.

One of my daughters fell sick last week and tested positive (she works as a medical assistant while finishing her degree program online). Same exact symptoms on the same exact timeline as me. She still has lingering sinus congestion but is definitely much better.

Both of us are fully vaccinated with Pfizer. I get my booster today.

FWIW, my daughter’s friend group is being hit with COVID along with her coworkers. All mild symptoms like mine/hers (which means really sick but not hospitalized). A few unvaccinated family members of her friends are now in the hospital. In my non-scientific opinion we are now seeing a major wave here in SoCal and most likely Omicron given the latest descriptions of the virus.

No way to know if the vaccine saved me or if Omicron just isn’t as potent, or both.

Sore throat seems to be the Omicron calling card. That want the case for any of the other variants.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: B.1.1.529 Omicron variant [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:
AndysStrongAle wrote:
I listen to Dr. John Campbell every morning while clearing out my emails. He is a great unbiased, sound and reasonable presenter laying out the current situation and data.

If only the news presented the current situation like he does I think we would be in a much better place.

X2 - He's been my "go to" source for the whole pandemic.

Maybe I'm mistaken but I believe he is a proponent for Ivermectin? I'd have to go back and watch his video's to be sure but that was my takeaway.
Quote Reply
Re: B.1.1.529 Omicron variant [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went to the doctor last Monday for a sore throat. Started Saturday a couple of hours after cleaning the garage. Swallowing razor blades Sunday night. Coughed up a lung Monday AM. This is the typical pattern for a sinus infection when I get into some dust. I did a take home test Monday morning before dropping off my dog at the vet. I was going to go to work after that and then my wife told me sinus infections can be contagious. Shame on me for not knowing that before now with the dozens I’ve had. Anyway, went from the vet to the doctor for sick hours. I did not tell them I took a take-home test and they did not test me either. Just gave me a strep test and sent me away with an RX for a Z pack to fill last Thursday if it didn’t get any better. Woke up Friday with a fever (eta - first time all week I had one) so I took another take-home test and was negative again. Filled the z pack Rx and started taking it and all better by this morning except for a lingering cough.

All that to say with what we know about OmiCron so far it sounds like they probably should’ve tested me at the office on Monday.
Last edited by: TimeIsUp: Dec 20, 21 10:15
Quote Reply
Re: B.1.1.529 Omicron variant [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Household contacts with an infected person are about twice as likely to become infected with Omicron as Delta:

[url=https://ibb.co/6vTTcGv][/url]
Quote Reply
Re: B.1.1.529 Omicron variant [0ddl0t] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bad news: "Stealth Omicron" - BA.2 - appears to spread ~40% faster than Omicron and is more adept at causing cells to clump together - syncytia - which is the trait that made Delta more destructive to the lungs. It is also resistant to sotrovimab, one of the monoclonal antibody treatments that works with Omicron.

https://www.biorxiv.org/...14.480335v1.full.pdf

BA.2 made up 4% of cases in the US last week, up from 1.6% the week prior
Quote Reply

Prev Next