Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I am so sorry Dr Tigerchik...
Quote | Reply
... that this made me laugh out loud.

Quote Reply
Re: I am so sorry Dr Tigerchik... [noodle_soup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is actually really funny. (The response, not the situation)

True story: when I was flying to OK to move here for my first job - fancy letters about a month old - the flight attendant asked over the loudspeaker "is anyone here a doctor? we have a medical emergency." My mom, who was traveling with me, said "you are NOT what they mean".

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: I am so sorry Dr Tigerchik... [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your mom is my hero.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

True story: when I was flying to OK to move here for my first job - fancy letters about a month old - the flight attendant asked over the loudspeaker "is anyone here a doctor? we have a medical emergency." My mom, who was traveling with me, said "you are NOT what they mean".

I'd have to ask is the emergency sciatica or whiplash?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Dr. From the context of the post I am guessing that you have a Phd in Mathematics. What do you do for work? My original degree was in Mathematics, I work as a mining engineer. I am curios to know what you did with your qualification.
Quote Reply
Re: I am so sorry Dr Tigerchik... [Ironnerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironnerd wrote:
Hey Dr. From the context of the post I am guessing that you have a Phd in Mathematics. What do you do for work? My original degree was in Mathematics, I work as a mining engineer. I am curios to know what you did with your qualification.

She sells pizzas at a football stadium
Quote Reply
Re: I am so sorry Dr Tigerchik... [Ironnerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I'm a college professor. My specialty is mathematics education (my PhD is in that, not pure mathematics). Windywave is right, I did help a friend out w her pizza business at football games this year!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

Refrigerator magnet on my mother-in-law's fridge:

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool Mom."

So true!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

I'm a college professor. My specialty is mathematics education (my PhD is in that, not pure mathematics). Windywave is right, I did help a friend out w her pizza business at football games this year!

I worked as a Mathematics and IT teacher when I first left uni. Really rewarding job but the pay was shite. Mining Engineering pays much better.
Quote Reply