Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: USAT: Please splain me the gravel tri national championships (I have questions) [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbie Hancock wrote:
jflan wrote:
I was there as well for both gravel and off road. I agree it had a laid back feel but still very professional in terms of the RD's and production team. both courses were fair and challenging, but not difficult in terms of tech or hills. this was pretty standard gravel without any surprises. i used a hardtail for both days and feel like i only gave a little time up on each course. the drafting aspect in the gravel race added a bit of excitement and strategics not found in typical tri. i really hope this style catches on. hopefully it's easier for RD's to set up, less marking, less police detail, less cars etc. also course design can get pretty creative and you dont have to stick to these preset distances that dont always fit.

^This^

The long run from the swim exit to the transition was carpeted the entire way. The transition area was in a grass field and they had carpet running the entire length of the bike racks on each side. Other than no cold beer at the finish this was very well executed and total grassroots.

Another agreement here. This was a really top notch race. Delaying the start a bit so we had a good warmup, good freshly made food at the end and a really worthwhile course made this event awesome. I'll be in next year with luck.

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: USAT: Please splain me the gravel tri national championships (I have questions) [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gravel Nationals are back in Arkansas for 2023. The Gravel race is on a Friday again. This year also includes a gravel duathlon. Registration opens 12/1. I had a blast last year. Looking forward to making the trip back if the boss approves.

https://runsignup.com/...riathlonFayetteville
Quote Reply

Prev Next