Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: BQ = BQ [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
craigj532 wrote:
The expo is usually open for bib pickup until 6:00 pm the Sunday before the race.

It will save me paying an extra day of care giving if I arrive at Logan at 2PM on Sunday rather than Saturday. Do you think this is workable or will I be cutting it too close?
Quote Reply
Re: BQ = BQ [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhys wrote:
you will spend $40 a cab ride. while a super close airport that doesn't really make the hotel + cab cheaper than a more expensive hotel and it is certainly not convenient at all. one year i stayed at the Marriott Cambridge across the river and was good and it was cool to tour Harvard and MIT day after the race. Its listed at $319 a night on the marathontours.com portal. 2022 Boston Marathon - Hotels - Marathon Tours and Travel

I would recommend north end, Faneuil Hall and Waterfront areas are good with nice bars and restaurants with subway to convention center. quite a few options there. $350ish a night there. Honestly its worth it to be there.

Otherwise things go into $480-$590 a night for places like Ritz, 4 seasons etc. closer to finish.

When you stayed at Marriott Cambridge, how did you get to the race finish line (to get shuttled to the start) the morning of the race? Just walk the 2 miles?
Quote Reply
Re: BQ = BQ [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Subway. But definitely walkable too. Btw for racers the subway is free after race.

Mind you i stayed there in 2009. Thats awhile ago. But it was neat to tour harvard and watch the rowers from the room.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
rhys wrote:
you will spend $40 a cab ride. while a super close airport that doesn't really make the hotel + cab cheaper than a more expensive hotel and it is certainly not convenient at all. one year i stayed at the Marriott Cambridge across the river and was good and it was cool to tour Harvard and MIT day after the race. Its listed at $319 a night on the marathontours.com portal. 2022 Boston Marathon - Hotels - Marathon Tours and Travel

I would recommend north end, Faneuil Hall and Waterfront areas are good with nice bars and restaurants with subway to convention center. quite a few options there. $350ish a night there. Honestly its worth it to be there.

Otherwise things go into $480-$590 a night for places like Ritz, 4 seasons etc. closer to finish.

When you stayed at Marriott Cambridge, how did you get to the race finish line (to get shuttled to the start) the morning of the race? Just walk the 2 miles?

You can just jump on the red line. It’s an easy T ride.
Quote Reply
Re: BQ = BQ [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TJ56 wrote:
craigj532 wrote:
The expo is usually open for bib pickup until 6:00 pm the Sunday before the race.

It will save me paying an extra day of care giving if I arrive at Logan at 2PM on Sunday rather than Saturday. Do you think this is workable or will I be cutting it too close?

You could easily get from Logan to the expo in time, but any flight delays would put you In danger of not making it. I guess it’s up to you if you want to gamble.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unless you qualify for Boston at the Hawaii Ironman, you’re not a real Boston qualifier…

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: BQ = BQ [dewman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any guys interested in splitting a room Saturday-Tuesday? I have a room with 2 queens along the waterfront.
Quote Reply

Prev Next