Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dave Chapelle The Closer [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We watched it last night. We did not find it that offensive. I mean there were a lot of ni**er jokes, so I get why some people would be offended. And some g*y jokes…so…there’s that too. Honestly…it was not really that funny…some interesting topics, but not much that had us laughing. It was the first Dave Chappelle thing I have watched, so maybe it’s one of those things that you have to watch a bunch of to really enjoy.
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Chapelle The Closer [Big John] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big John wrote:
We watched it last night. We did not find it that offensive. I mean there were a lot of ni**er jokes, so I get why some people would be offended. And some g*y jokes…so…there’s that too. Honestly…it was not really that funny…some interesting topics, but not much that had us laughing. It was the first Dave Chappelle thing I have watched, so maybe it’s one of those things that you have to watch a bunch of to really enjoy.

I’ve never heard Chappell or any other comedian for that matter tell N jokes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m halfway through and loving it. So far it’s more irreverent comedy and less axe grinding than I’ve seen from him lately. The glory hole bit was fantastic.

He just started in on the trans bit.

“Dave, watch it, they’re coming after you.”

“One they or many theys?”

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Chapelle The Closer [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
WannaB wrote:

I don't see bitter and angry. But again, art is open to interpretation.

Also, as I stated, I have seen the The Closer in its entirety. I was referring to the last one I saw where he seemed genuinely angry at the "cancellation" of Cosby and Jackson.

I think he's genuinely angry that artists, actors get "cancelled." Which I get. I get angry at that sometimes too.

Ok. So his recent appearance at his HS alma mater was not what I would call a real mentoring opportunity.
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Chapelle The Closer [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
trail wrote:
WannaB wrote:

I don't see bitter and angry. But again, art is open to interpretation.

Also, as I stated, I have seen the The Closer in its entirety. I was referring to the last one I saw where he seemed genuinely angry at the "cancellation" of Cosby and Jackson.

I think he's genuinely angry that artists, actors get "cancelled." Which I get. I get angry at that sometimes too.

Ok. So his recent appearance at his HS alma mater was not what I would call a real mentoring opportunity.

Details?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Chapelle The Closer [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the end, I think he is still trying to be supportive. And raw and honest is him. But I can see how it can be a bit over the top.

https://variety.com/...h-school-1235120167/
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Chapelle The Closer [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
In the end, I think he is still trying to be supportive. And raw and honest is him. But I can see how it can be a bit over the top.

Quote:
I’m better than every instrumentalist, artist, no matter what are you do in this school, right now, I’m better than all of you. I’m sure that will change. I’m sure you’ll be household names soon.

Very inspirational!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
WannaB wrote:

Quote:
I’m better than every instrumentalist, artist, no matter what are you do in this school, right now, I’m better than all of you. I’m sure that will change. I’m sure you’ll be household names soon.

Very inspirational!

Uh, ... yup.

If you have to say out loud that you are better than everyone in the the room/school/whatever, then, ... guess what?

You're not.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Chapelle The Closer [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m Dave Chapelle, and you’re not.
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Chapelle The Closer [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
I’m Dave Chapelle, and you’re not.

Too bad Charlie Murphy (RIP) isn't around to put him back in line.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The three of you do realize that you have absolutely no idea what the context of that statement was, right?

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
The three of you do realize that you have absolutely no idea what the context of that statement was, right?

Motivational speaking, of course!
Last edited by: trail: Nov 28, 21 12:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where were you guys when Daniel Tosh said he was going to kick a kid in the teeth?

"If I meet one more kid and ask him what he wants to do when he gets older and he replies, “I want to be famous like you,” I’m gonna kick him in his teeth. You’re never gonna be famous. Never. You have no chance. I didn’t get here because I work hard. I have a gift from God. “Everybody gets their 15 minutes of fame, buddy.” Excuse me? That’s an average. Yeah, that’s zero for you, you, you, you. Zero, zero, zero, zero, zero, [points to self] 20 years, zero, zero, zero, zero, zero."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
Where were you guys when Daniel Tosh said he was going to kick a kid in the teeth?

"If I meet one more kid and ask him what he wants to do when he gets older and he replies, “I want to be famous like you,” I’m gonna kick him in his teeth. You’re never gonna be famous. Never. You have no chance. I didn’t get here because I work hard. I have a gift from God. “Everybody gets their 15 minutes of fame, buddy.” Excuse me? That’s an average. Yeah, that’s zero for you, you, you, you. Zero, zero, zero, zero, zero, [points to self] 20 years, zero, zero, zero, zero, zero."

Who is Daniel tosh?
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Chapelle The Closer [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was that a bad joke?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:

And Tosh has become an insufferable ass with what seems like no new material in a while. His schtick made him famous, congrats. I also think Chapelle is has become an insufferable ass.

Oh, and where I was when Tosh said that, I have no idea because when you posted this, it was the first I had heard what he said. Why does that make what Chapelle said any better. I don't think you can even compare the size of the audience between the two. Chapelle is recent, Tosh is several years old.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Dave Chapelle The Closer [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because they are comedians. That's the whole point I was trying to make. Just because they say something doesn't mean that it is supposed read and interpreted literally as an opinion that they hold.

Last edited by: BarryP: Nov 28, 21 18:38
Quote Reply

Prev Next