Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training to be a fitter
Quote | Reply
I want to be a bike fitter. I live in the Minneapolis area but would travel to get great training. Where would suggest.
Quote Reply
Re: Training to be a fitter [GSTriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan Empfield’s FIST course! I believe he’s conducting one in November sometime?

USAT L2 TriAUS L2 UC Irvine head coach "The human foot is a masterpiece of engineering and a work of art."
Leonardo da Vinci
Quote Reply
Re: Training to be a fitter [Yakie54] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would be great, where do I find out about these courses?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s not where. It’s who. In the world of fit school’s you will find different beliefs and philosophy’s. Start with things you believe in I’m putting on a weekend event November 6&7 in Philadelphia. And you will learn about hand on techniques that will make most flat surfaces capable of in to fit stations This is part t of th expo the fit course is free. The range is class runs from dis ability to inability. Any questions reach out.
Happy

Happy
Quote Reply
Re: Training to be a fitter [Happy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with Happy, part of fitting is finding OR ADAPTING a fit system that works with what you know. I am Retul/Specialized trained, but I have made some changes to how I fit and deviated from their playbook on things I have observed or learned over the course of some years. New thing I have to convince the boss to spend money on is that I believe saddle pressure mapping has a place in my fitting system.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GSTriathlete wrote:
I want to be a bike fitter. I live in the Minneapolis area but would travel to get great training. Where would suggest.

Hi Glenn:
Slowtwitch has a workshop coming up in September: 19th-23rd, at Xantusia, here in southern California
More information here: https://www.slowtwitch.com/...ume_in_May_8239.html
Register here

Karen ST Concierge
Last edited by: STConcierge: Jul 20, 22 13:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you willing to relocate? East Coast? Like the Atlanta area more specifically? If so I’d love to chat, would train you in the Retul methodology, pay very competitive and great benefits.
Cheers
Andrew
Email me A.lerner@contebikes.com
Quote Reply