Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 70.3 to Marathon in 25 Days [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the kind words. I fully embrace being patient and setting long term goals in this sport.

It's fun to see what we can do even if it's not as well as you'd like.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 to Marathon in 25 Days [Matt J] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matt J wrote:
Thanks for the kind words. I fully embrace being patient and setting long term goals in this sport.

Absolutely. And if we’ve all learned anything from covid it should be to not take racing for granted. Enjoy each opportunity you have to get out and go for it. If you bonk at mile 19, so be it. We were all wishing for the chance to risk crashing and burning in 2020, so long as we were racing again.

Good on ya for putting it on the line and going for it.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 to Marathon in 25 Days [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
What was your weekly run mileage in the last 8 weeks leading to the marathon? If BQ is the goal, then you def need a run focused program. S/B/R won't cut it unless you're a super talented runner.

This is correct, but to a point.

For your first BQ, you'll need to be run focussed. Once you've met the BQ standard once, the second BQ becomes easier and can be maintained with SBR.

Of course, if you want to continue to improve...
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 to Marathon in 25 Days [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Parkland wrote:
Matt J wrote:

Absolutely. And if we’ve all learned anything from covid it should be to not take racing for granted. Enjoy each opportunity you have to get out and go for it. If you bonk at mile 19, so be it. We were all wishing for the chance to risk crashing and burning in 2020, so long as we were racing again.

Good on ya for putting it on the line and going for it.

Thanks. I've really tried to utilize the last couple years as a chance to pivot about a few different things, and one of them has certainly been having gratitude and not taking things for granted. Yesterday was beautiful even if painful. I think I can come back stronger in 6 months, a year, 18 months. Boston will be there.
Quote Reply

Prev Next