Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
Watown wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
BLeP wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Is aiding and abetting a criminal not a law in Florida?

Yes, and so is obstruction of justice.

But just because something is against the law does not mean the DA is willing to prosecute.

They should be.

Was he ever charged with anything other than using her credit card (I think that's what it was?)?

You don't need to be charged with another crime to be guilty of obstruction.

What is the evidence they obstructed? I know there was a lot of speculation that they helped him escape, but he didn't escape, he simply went and killed himself. It seems entirely plausible that the parents never knew. He may have showed up back at their house without Gabby and offered a plausible explanation of where she was. It seems entirely possible they would have had no reasons to be suspicious until it was know Gabby was missing. They certainly may be some significant details I am unaware of though.

There was this bit of nonsense:

https://www.the-sun.com/...ar-throw-cops-scent/

I never saw that, although I might be a little skeptical of the source. I certainly wouldn't surprise if they did help him, I just haven't seen anything that convinces me that did in fact help in.
Quote Reply
Re: Gabby Petito [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
Watown wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
BLeP wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:
BLeP wrote:

But just because something is against the law does not mean the DA is willing to prosecute.

They should be.

Was he ever charged with anything other than using her credit card (I think that's what it was?)?

What is the evidence they obstructed? I know there was a lot of speculation that they helped him escape, but he didn't escape, he simply went and killed himself. It seems entirely plausible that the parents never knew. He may have showed up back at their house without Gabby and offered a plausible explanation of where she was. It seems entirely possible they would have had no reasons to be suspicious until it was know Gabby was missing. They certainly may be some significant details I am unaware of though.

There was this bit of nonsense:

https://www.the-sun.com/...ar-throw-cops-scent/

If that is accurate those are some spectacularly stupid cops. I haven’t followed the details of this matter like some, but I would need to hear what concrete actions the parents took, and when they did it, before deciding, in my mind, whether they obstructed justice, aided and abetted etc.

What, where, when?
Quote Reply
Re: Gabby Petito [Watown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Watown wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
BLeP wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:
BLeP wrote:

They should be.

What is the evidence they obstructed? I know there was a lot of speculation that they helped him escape, but he didn't escape, he simply went and killed himself.

We don’t know that. Just because he killed himself doesn’t mean that that was his plan when he left.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Gabby Petito [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
BLeP wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:
BLeP wrote:

They should be.

I'm just wondering if that would make prosecuting the case more difficult if the obstruction is for a relatively minor crime.
Quote Reply
Re: Gabby Petito [Watown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had read some articles early on in this that parents get fairly wide latitude in their abilities to help there children. Certain crimes like tampering or obstruction are still a no go, but most states allow parents to fully help their children. It’s under the general theory that they don’t want to make it illegal for parents to protect their children when the world is against them. Kinda like free speech, sometimes you have to protect the idiots to defend the general right.
Quote Reply
Re: Gabby Petito [Traket92x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone see the “love letter” brian laundrie’s mom wrote him referring to burying a body?

What a weird family those laundries are.
Quote Reply
Re: Gabby Petito [Triocd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triocd wrote:
Anyone see the “love letter” brian laundrie’s mom wrote him referring to burying a body?

What a weird family those laundries are.

Laudrie family lawyer says: "It is in no way related to Gabby. It was written before their trip"

Right... that's why the envelope says:

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: May 29, 23 7:13
Quote Reply
Re: Gabby Petito [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry coming in late

a letter from mom to son uses his full name? I guess he's really in trouble now.
Quote Reply

Prev Next