Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gustav Iden's race data from Strava GI: "I knew no one would run me down when Kristian had a flat tire"
Quote | Reply
Bike:
Average speed: 45,4 km/h
Max speed: 98,6 km/h
Moving time: 1,57,05

Average Power: 300w
Total work: 2,110kj
Max power: 695w
Weighted avg Power: 319w
Average HR: 165

Run:
Distance: 20,88km
avg pace: 3,26 m/km
Moving time: 1,11,38
Elevation gain: 330m
Average HR: 169 bpm

Look how similar his running HR is to his biking HR.

Results:
https://www.trirating.com/...e-analyzing-results/

Interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBNwjxCuJQc

Last edited by: Halvard: Sep 19, 21 3:49
Quote Reply
Re: Gustav Iden's race data from Strava GI: "I knew no one would run me down when Kristian had a flat tire" [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
Bike:

Run:

Results:

Do you know what his max HR is??? If we assume 200, then that puts his bike effort at 82.5% max and run at 84.5%.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Gustav Iden's race data from Strava GI: "I knew no one would run me down when Kristian had a flat tire" [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have gain elevation from his bike course. I thought the the run was more like 1500 ft (meaning around 450m), but your data says 330m.

Love the max speed.

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Gustav Iden's race data from Strava GI: "I knew no one would run me down when Kristian had a flat tire" [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's on his Strava account. It says 1092m.

Sam Long had 1086m, Kristian had 1137m, and then a couple other athletes I follow had 1110m, 1037m, and 1034m. So seems to be somewhere around 1050m-1150m.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
Bike:

Run:

Interesting. I would have expected he would have had to be higher than 300 watts for the course for how quick he rode. I also would like to know what his max hr is. He was in control and looked so smooth on the run. With his hr not changing very much between bike and run that is impressive. It seems he didn't need to dig a hole for himself with such a big lead.
Quote Reply
Re: Gustav Iden's race data from Strava GI: "I knew no one would run me down when Kristian had a flat tire" [kerikstri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kerikstri wrote:
It's on his Strava account. It says 1092m.

Sam Long had 1086m, Kristian had 1137m, and then a couple other athletes I follow had 1110m, 1037m, and 1034m. So seems to be somewhere around 1050m-1150m.

Thanks. I wanted to see how different elevation was compared to Muskoka 70.3 where we had 1064m on bike and 338m on run. St. George seems to have a lot for grinding uphill and steep descents on the run. Bike profile is totally different.

I assume that St. George is an easier bike course than Vegas world's given how much faster many were vs Sebi's winning time and reported elevation on Vegas
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Sep 19, 21 12:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This guy is a beast. I am not super familiar with this year’s course but the topography of StG is never easy and to go sub-2 hours?? That run is tough too, anytime they get up onto Red Hills Pkwy it’s brutal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
Bike:

Run:

Results:

Can confirm Gustav Iden still knows what Gustav Iden needs to do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Gustav Iden's race data from Strava GI: "I knew no one would run me down when Kristian had a flat tire" [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How are the descents on both? I’ve been in some races where the descents have a huge impact; fast and flat out vs horrendously right, twisting and bad road conditions. Found this makes a massive difference to times overall. One of the races I do in the UK has descents where you are on the brakes the entire time dodging cars, sheep, potholes, gravel and hairpin bends. Soul destroying when you’ve just climbed up a 25-30% incline and expect some payback.
Quote Reply
Re: Gustav Iden's race data from Strava GI: "I knew no one would run me down when Kristian had a flat tire" [ianmo80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Muskoka is a drag strip. You would probably only need your brakes at the Dorset turnaround and rolling back into transition.

Quote Reply
Re: Gustav Iden's race data from Strava GI: "I knew no one would run me down when Kristian had a flat tire" [ianmo80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ianmo80 wrote:
How are the descents on both? I’ve been in some races where the descents have a huge impact; fast and flat out vs horrendously right, twisting and bad road conditions. Found this makes a massive difference to times overall. One of the races I do in the UK has descents where you are on the brakes the entire time dodging cars, sheep, potholes, gravel and hairpin bends. Soul destroying when you’ve just climbed up a 25-30% incline and expect some payback.

In Muskoka you get most of the ttime back due to straight and short downhills. Also don't have many super high speed downhills that are over 70kph that you tuck on....lots of 50-60kph that you are pedaling. St. George looks like 80-100kph which means that the guys lose more of the climbing potential energy in high speed aero drag. But the gross climbing is similar, you get more back in speed coming down.

but back to the thread, 300W for 46 kph for a 66 kilo guy, meaning 4.54W per kilo. Can anyone post pics of his position and equipment set up?
Quote Reply
Re: Gustav Iden's race data from Strava GI: "I knew no one would run me down when Kristian had a flat tire" [Grantbot21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grantbot21 wrote:
Can confirm Gustav Iden still knows what Gustav Iden needs to do.

Haha!! Good one!!!
Quote Reply