Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What sports drink are you drinking now? [jmayo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank sports e-fuel.

I launched a bottle last race and grabbed a Gatorade endurance from an aid station. The orange tastes like straight up battery acid 🤣😂
Quote Reply
Re: What sports drink are you drinking now? [dave_o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, this is more of the core nutrition as opposed to the hydration.

This concoction will be a concentrate, so will need to be chased.

I'll still need litres and litres of water in the heat I'm in, or even in a cooler climate.

101Ironman Hacks & Newsletter: http://ironmanhacks.com/newsletter/

YouTube interviews with legends like Mark Allen, Dave Scott, many more: https://www.youtube.com/...s?sub_confirmation=1
Quote Reply
Re: What sports drink are you drinking now? [DrAlexHarrison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Other than Accelerade, is there any "Sports Drinks" out there with protein in them?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: What sports drink are you drinking now? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Other than Accelerade, is there any "Sports Drinks" out there with protein in them?
Unfortunately, I'm not sure in the endurance realm, because I haven't looked into it. I haven't scoped that market because any protein consumption during exercise will reduce max carb and fluid absorption rate, and in virtually all cases, I advise folks to just nix targeting any protein during training.

There are certainly at least a hundred carb-protein beverages, but most wouldn't be suitable intra-workout. Most of them are marketed as recovery drinks or mass gainer beverages for the post-workout window. Probably half of those products marketed that way make intra-workout beverages for weight training sessions. If using as such for your weight training, add a pinch of salt, if you're an endurance athlete.

If you were going to try to include protein in an endurance beverage (probably unnecessary, but if you just preferred to do so) then I'd add something like 5g of unflavored whey protein isolate or hydrolysate per hour to whatever carb/sodium slurry you already have going.

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:

ENDURANCE 5:1™ – F2C Nutrition

Though I've never tried it. I wouldn't want to add protein to an intra-workout drink unless I was doing something like a 12 hour+ endurance event, which the 5:1 is basically designed for.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:

You mean like the nasty tasting Hammer Perpetuem and Sustained Energy?
Last edited by: jaretj: Sep 28, 21 8:39
Quote Reply
Re: What sports drink are you drinking now? [DrAlexHarrison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DrAlexHarrison wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

Unfortunately, I'm not sure in the endurance realm, because I haven't looked into it. I haven't scoped that market because any protein consumption during exercise will reduce max carb and fluid absorption rate, and in virtually all cases, I advise folks to just nix targeting any protein during training.

There are certainly at least a hundred carb-protein beverages, but most wouldn't be suitable intra-workout. Most of them are marketed as recovery drinks or mass gainer beverages for the post-workout window. Probably half of those products marketed that way make intra-workout beverages for weight training sessions. If using as such for your weight training, add a pinch of salt, if you're an endurance athlete.

If you were going to try to include protein in an endurance beverage (probably unnecessary, but if you just preferred to do so) then I'd add something like 5g of unflavored whey protein isolate or hydrolysate per hour to whatever carb/sodium slurry you already have going.

It's been years since I've had Accelerade, probably 10 or so years really. It has a 4:1 Carb:Pro ratio. I'm not looking for something with A LOT of protein, but a nominal amount.

mstewarttri wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

ENDURANCE 5:1™ – F2C Nutrition

Though I've never tried it. I wouldn't want to add protein to an intra-workout drink unless I was doing something like a 12 hour+ endurance event, which the 5:1 is basically designed for.

Might check that out, currently projecting my first Ironman to be close to 14 hours based on where my training is and my Ironman Michigan 70.3 time was a few weeks ago.

jaretj wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

That looks interesting, but why the hell would you do a Chocolate and Espresso flavor?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

That looks interesting, but why the hell would you do a Chocolate and Espresso flavor?[/quote]

I suppose if it tastes like arse then it should look like it?
Last edited by: jaretj: Sep 28, 21 8:54
Quote Reply
Re: What sports drink are you drinking now? [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carborocket for me. Various flavors depending on what I'm doing. I only use the caffeinated version for races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hard to beat the price for the all natural www.SlayRx.com diesel plus for all it has in it. Essential aminos, hefty amt of electrolytes, caffeine, and good sugars. I tend to use the lite hydrate during the week and the diesel plus on the bigger days. Small local firm out of Atlanta and love to support the little companies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out INFINIT Go Far it has 4 grams of protein per serving. Not as much as Accelerade, but just enough to keep hunger under control on long rides
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I make mock Ucan. I mix corn starch with some “extreme”, mix, and some True Orange, in the mango flavor. Works great, need to shake it or blend it well, and it leaves hella lotta dollars, in the pocket. Corn starch is the main ingredient, please don’t think because you’re paying lotta bucks it’s science is better than mine. Your flavoring options are unlimited.
Quote Reply
Re: What sports drink are you drinking now? [KaiserChief] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KaiserChief wrote:
Hard to beat the price for the all natural
www.SlayRx.com diesel plus for all it has in it. Essential aminos, hefty amt of electrolytes, caffeine, and good sugars. I tend to use the lite hydrate during the week and the diesel plus on the bigger days. Small local firm out of Atlanta and love to support the little companies.

So, comparatively to Gatorade or Gatorade Endurance how does it taste? I have no issues palate or gut wise with Gatorade products. Comparatively that's probably one of the more expensive solutions out there to be honest.

TriRiley2 wrote:
Check out INFINIT Go Far it has 4 grams of protein per serving. Not as much as Accelerade, but just enough to keep hunger under control on long rides

Nice, I'll take a look at that as well.

Last edited by: TheStroBro: Sep 28, 21 14:49
Quote Reply

Prev Next