Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? August 23 Edition
Quote | Reply
I've been so busy! How is everyone?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 23 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope it's a good busy and that your recovery is going well.

I went back to parkrun last weekend - it was my first run in two months, during a heat warning, so it went about as well as could be expected lol
This weekend, we're getting certified at the local velodrome. We watched the UCI racing there shortly before the pandemic shut things down and have been wanting to try it out ever since.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 23 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
I hope it's a good busy and that your recovery is going well.

I went back to parkrun last weekend - it was my first run in two months, during a heat warning, so it went about as well as could be expected lol
This weekend, we're getting certified at the local velodrome. We watched the UCI racing there shortly before the pandemic shut things down and have been wanting to try it out ever since.

I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which track?

Last week I had the follow-up from the second varicose vein procedure - all good. I should be able to tell a noticeable difference in a month's time which will be the end of next week for the first leg. I got the green light to resume all activities so I'm ramping the gym work back up and went back to yoga. I went back to the pool this week. Now I just need to get back on the bike more.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 23 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's the one at Milton that they built for the 2015 Pan-Am Games.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 23 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Late to the party. Last week was the first full week of school, so this was week two. Three days I subbed in the same position, for a music teacher they haven't hired yet, fortunately most of the curriculum was school wide social-emotional learning / team building stuff. So not a whole lot for students to do, previous subs had just been giving them work time, which is silly since they hadn't gotten any assignments yet. So I created an All about Me assignment for them, and made it music related...came up with the idea in the shower after one of my swim workouts. Only swam 2x last week, as my sister had an audition that needed to be filmed and submitted by 1pm on Weds, we got it on Monday afternoon, so had to shoot it Tuesday after she had a coaching session, so I could have it ready and submitted before I left for work on Weds, so swim just wasn't going to happen that day.
This week-
Swim 3x (only twice), bike 1-2x (1 so far), run 2x.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply