Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kudos to President Bush
Quote | Reply
Bush finally admitted that we now own Iraq, something Colin Powell said years ago but was roundly dismissed. Bush said that American forces will remain in Iraq for years and it will be up to future Presidents to decide when to bring them home.

I know many here have said that Bush is not one to pass the buck on to someone else (reasons he attacked social security, tax reform and ridding Iraq of WMD) but it appears he is accepting that he is indeed passing this problem on to others going forward.

I applaud his honesty even if it is not going to be a popular statement.

You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Last edited by: Casey: Mar 22, 06 4:57
Quote Reply
Re: Kudos to President Bush [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone who believed we'd be out of Iraq before the end of Dubya's term of office was kidding themselves... Dubya included.

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Post deleted by astrotri [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess I have a small amount of admiration for Bush's persistence. It would qualify as good leadership, were it not for the fact that, while standing firm, the administration has otherwise bungled every phase of the war and peace effort.

I don't think we should leave. It would be catastrophic. But, at the same time, staying and not changing our tactics seems pointless. I have to wonder why Bush is doing nothing to shake things up. Why not replace Rumsfeld and get some new ideas and energy in there, and someone who at least isn't covered with the stink of failure? Why not, as Thomas Friedman suggested, send a Holbrooke figure over there to push the leaders to come to a healthy consensus? Why not come up with some new plans and explain them to the American public so that it doesn't look like we have a stubborn, but ineffective, president whose only virtue is persistence. At this point, this war is a failure in ideas, tactics and PR. And unless some new ideas are described in specific detail, I don't see the mood shifting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
when it all started a few here pointed out that the US never went anywhere without staying for at least 15 years...
Quote Reply
Re: Kudos to President Bush [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still waiting for the calls for withdrawal from Germany and the demands that France and Poland withdraw from the German land they occupied in 1945.
Quote Reply
Re: Kudos to President Bush [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The situation in Iraq is a lot more like Vietnam than Germany.

You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am just wondering when the world will rise up and demand the withdrawal from occupied German territory that was taken from Germany unjustly in 1945.

In particular, Poland now occupies the birthplace of the Franke family in what was Bnin, Germany. Having this occupied by the Polish heathens is insufferable. Some might think I am Polish, afterall. Who could live with that stigma?

(To our Polish friends, just kidding, but please don't tell Casey.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bush is an idiot anyway...I was in Atlanta for work a couple of weeks ago and he was there as well (I think he is stalkin me or something)...I was running over a brigde going over the highway and without me knowing the presidential car was going by...
a police officer stopped me!!! to let Bush go...

it cost me about 15sec or so...geee...Now I really hate America!

(I wonder if I should write something to explain what the last statement really is...some people here have a hard time with jokes...)
Quote Reply
Re: Kudos to President Bush [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would it be too much to ask that when his presidency is over that they NOT send him back to Texas? We can do without him.

Edited to add that, by "do without him" I mean that we already have our fair share of mindless bubbas who can't string two words together to form a thought. Which of the other 49 states wants to take one for the team?

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Last edited by: Cyclopath: Mar 22, 06 9:11
Quote Reply
Re: Kudos to President Bush [Cyclopath] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we could send him to France :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perhaps it's because of the implication of calling for a greater Prussia. Last time that happened . . .

Our ancestors must have been neighbors. Mine come from Koben an der Oden, now called Chobienica. I've always wanted to travel over there for a looksee.

And I agree, what ever happened to a good "pollock" joke.
Quote Reply
Re: Kudos to President Bush [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
And I agree, what ever happened to a good "pollock" joke.

How's this?

http://www.churchofcycling.org
Quote Reply