Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Aug. 9 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Aug. 9 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goal for this week is an hour of swim/water run each day M-Sa, rest Sunday, lift 2-3x, do yoga at least once

hour of swim/water run M-Sa done
rest sunday done
lifted twice done
didn't do yoga

6/7 days with healthy coping!

goals this week are 70 min cardio M-Sa, rest Sun, lift 2-3x, yoga at least once, 7/7 healthy coping

I fly back to Oklahoma on Thursday.
I hope everyone is well. xoxo.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Aug. 9 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Safe travels Dr TC.

The summer is trundling along here. I have an August goal to swim 15 miles. I'm about a third of the way there so far, I guess I'm on track. Bike riding has been mixed (in terms of motivation and outcomes) - it's super hot here this week so, apart from the regular Thursday TT I've been doing, I'll probably stay indoors for the workouts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Safe travels TC! I go back to work on Thursday/school starts, still substitute teaching. Bro also goes back to work on Thurs (non-student days for him), but his kids don't start school until after Labor Day.
Last week- swam x2, run- 1 (treadmill), bike -1 . I started setting my normal work alarm to get used to waking up early.
This week - swim x3 (1 done), run x2, bike 1 or 2. & survive going back to work. We are back at full time in person instruction, with mask required indoors when in the presence of students (&/or staff-if not vaccinated). I'm already scheduled to work Thursday & Friday, so my parents will be watching my nephews as my sister-in-law cannot take the time off work (she's a pediatrician). My long term assignment starts at the end of September and runs through March, different school than last year, but the principal is the same, he is replacing a principal who retired at the end of last year.

Long term- I have set a goal of running Dopey in January of 2023- (for those who don't know this a Disney thing, 5k-Thurs, 10K-Fri, 1/2 Marathon-Sat, Marathon- Sun) this would be my first Marathon. Dream goal- get a special exempt slot for Kona 2028- as it will be the 50th anniversary of Ironman, the first being held just days before I was born.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Aug. 9 Edition [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SDCali wrote:
I have set a goal of running Dopey in January of 2023
EXCITING!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not good! Have a stinking cold and have not been able to do any training for the last week. I’m just getting back into triathlon after a few years away, I have my first race in 5 weeks and I am not ready - could really use not losing a chunk of time to illness :-(
Quote Reply