Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Insoles compatible with Nike Vaporfly 4%?
Quote | Reply
The insoles in my vaporflys came unglued during Honu. I like the vaporflys, but not a huge fan of the insoles. The shoes only have two 70.3's + 3 miles in them, so hoping they'll take me through St. George and Kona. Debating whether to reglue the Nike insoles, or try another insole. Leaning toward the latter. The heels are quite narrow. Thought I'd check here to see if anyone has had success with third-party insoles in vaporflys. Thanks for any ideas/tips!
Quote Reply
Re: Insoles compatible with Nike Vaporfly 4%? [jessec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._orthotics_P7533365/

I messaged Shambolic about what he used, and I think he said Icebug insoles.
I have a couple pair of worn out vaporflys, I'm going to experiment with those soon, as I too would like a little more support.
Quote Reply
Re: Insoles compatible with Nike Vaporfly 4%? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Please let us know how the experiments go!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry slightly off topic, how do you tell when your Vaporfly's are dead? I have a pair that are 3 years old now but only 2 marathons and a half on them. Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The shoes have 29 miles on them and the insoles are already coming unglued?!?

You paid $8.60 per mile so far. I wouldn't be looking for fixes I would be hoppin' mad.
Quote Reply
Re: Insoles compatible with Nike Vaporfly 4%? [Zippy303] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its not the age its the mileage. About 100-150 miles they lose a bunch of the bounce/pop.
Quote Reply
Re: Insoles compatible with Nike Vaporfly 4%? [Zippy303] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dead how? Meaning no more racing? I have usually raced one season in the shoes then make them training shoes. So if they only have a marathon each both are still racing shoes. But even after racing the shoes will last forever. I have said it many times on here to some who think these shoes just fall apart after 100 miles but I have over 500 on my original pair (over 3 years old) of vaporflys, 250 on my fly knits, and 100+ on two pair of next%.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Insoles compatible with Nike Vaporfly 4%? [opusTpenguin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol, yeah, if I didn’t have Achilles issues, I’d be doing more hopping. Though I kinda wanted to ditch the insoles from the get-go anyway. And I gotta admit the shoes are faster (and less injury-prone, I think) than the alternatives. So I’ll be happy as long as they hold up for a few more races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As SBRcanuk quoted I use Icebug insoles trimmed a little off the inside arch to fit in the shoe and if you read the link he posted the extra arch helps with my running form in the 4% with such a narrow and soft heal.

I like this website and their reviews on shoes but also found this article of interest. Out of all the Nike carbon plated shoes I like the 4% the best so found a few pairs to stash away and have about 80 miles on my current pair. They look a little second hand but feel the same as a new pair.

https://fellrnr.com/wiki/Nike_Vaporfly_4%25
Quote Reply
Re: Insoles compatible with Nike Vaporfly 4%? [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great info, thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While it wouldn't be quite as strong as the harder aftermarket insoles, I wonder if a simple arch pad would help a little, might try that as well.

https://www.amazon.ca/...27638448&sr=8-15
Quote Reply
Re: Insoles compatible with Nike Vaporfly 4%? [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"About 100-150 miles they lose a bunch of the bounce/pop."
---------------------------
Any source or reference for this? My very subjective feel disagrees with this. I took a couple of pair well beyond 150 miles (300+) and went back and compared to a new pair and didn't feel much difference in the pop. FYI - I am 165lbs mid-foot striker.

Thanks,

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply