Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training facilities/gym/bike studio in Denver?
Quote | Reply
Hello Slowtwitchers!

I’ll be traveling to Denver, CO for 3 days and would love some recommendations for a pool. I won’t have my bike and am also open to suggestions for bike studios or somewhere I could bike indoors if such a facility exists.

Bike rental + outdoor biking will be too complicated logistically.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Training facilities/gym/bike studio in Denver? [tamiii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Denver University has a great pool, just not sure what cost is to get in or if you can without membership. Most of our local rec centers have a daily drop in fee of $6 or so. However, some are REALLY shallow, like the one in Berkeley Park, and from what I recall the one at Wash Park. I used to swim at Wheat Ridge Rec center when I was tri training, pretty good pool there. As far as indoor riding, I do NONE except on my trainer but have heard people talk about Rush Cycle, and High Ride Cycle by Sloans Lake.

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Re: Training facilities/gym/bike studio in Denver? [boilerup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DU's pool isn't open to non-staff/non-students.

A lot of the City of Denver pools are closed (i.e., Wash Park).

If you want to swim, go to a 24-hour fitness. The only one still doing reservations is the location at Alameda (which may be your jam, it's mine). Alternatively, you can swim at Carmody Rec Center (which I *hear* is fantastic). I've never swam there, but I anticipate making the switch. If you want some OWS, check out Aurora Reservoir.

As far as riding, you may want to get in touch with Rocky Mountain Tri Club and/or Hat House endurance. Admittedly, I don't know *anyone* at either of those clubs, but I think Hat House has a gym and some trainers.

Hit me up with any additional questions -- I'm happy to help.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Training facilities/gym/bike studio in Denver? [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a SoulCycle in cherry creek if you want to connect with your inner lady beast.
Quote Reply