Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Tokyo "2020" Olympics Swimming General Discussion Thread [miklcct] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
miklcct wrote:
Herbert wrote:
Aren't you funny. :-)

I would love to swim like Wellbrock. But he swims a shitload each week. 10,000-15,000 meters a day, 60-80 km a week regularly and over 100k a week during big training weeks

I'm so jealous and also want to learn his style and efficiency.

I love how sometimes we “feel” like that, humming along and everything is clicking and you think “yep, I’m going like yang or Thorpe or ledecky right now!”

….then you see video.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: The Tokyo "2020" Olympics Swimming General Discussion Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
The end of that 1500m was superb. Its like he had a motor back beneath his hips. I wonder how fast the guy can do a 100m sprint, kick board only. Paltrinieri looks like he is using 20% more energy than the top 3. The guy is complete animal. 10k open water should be great. Any news on water temps?

Ya, he was kicking very hard plus increased his turnover rate and went to the "gallop stroke" over the last 25 m or so. Further, his last 50 was 25.6. Let's think about this last 50 a bit more: 25.6 for 50 LCM implies around 25.0 for 50 SCM due to the extra speed from the push off the wall. To put this American terms, this translates to about 22.5 for 50 SCY from a push off the wall. If he had swum this off the blocks, that would be 21.0 easily, maybe even 20.7 or so. Think about that: the equivalent of a 21.0 for the last 50 of a 1650 where you've been absolutely pedal to the metal the whole way. I think he must be capable of a 19.5 or better in a flat out rested 50 SCY. What say ye STers, am I on target here??? 19.5 is extremely fast for a D swimmer in my book. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: The Tokyo "2020" Olympics Swimming General Discussion Thread. [Skuj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if this has been posted yet, really entertaining view of Rowdy as he calls the men’s 4x100. Love how excited he gets

https://twitter.com/...blish.twitter.com%2F

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: The Tokyo "2020" Olympics Swimming General Discussion Thread. [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chemist wrote:
Not sure if this has been posted yet, really entertaining view of Rowdy as he calls the men’s 4x100. Love how excited he gets

Rowdy may be the best swim commentator in TV history. It is blatantly obvious that he loves the sport. :)

Quote Reply
Re: The Tokyo "2020" Olympics Swimming General Discussion Thread. [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
Chemist wrote:

Rowdy may be the best swim commentator in TV history. It is blatantly obvious that he loves the sport. :)

Ian Thorpe is mirroring that down here. People have loved how he calmly & eloquently explains the technical points in ways that Joe Average can understand .
Quote Reply
Re: The Tokyo "2020" Olympics Swimming General Discussion Thread. [NAB777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NAB777 wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
Chemist wrote:

Ian Thorpe is mirroring that down here. People have loved how he calmly & eloquently explains the technical points in ways that Joe Average can understand .

I'd argue that if you're a swimmer, Rowdy might be one of the worst commentators.

"The person on top of the mountain didn't fall there." - unkown

also rule 5
Quote Reply
Re: The Tokyo "2020" Olympics Swimming General Discussion Thread. [boobooaboo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boobooaboo wrote:
NAB777 wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
Chemist wrote:

I'd argue that if you're a swimmer, Rowdy might be one of the worst commentators.

What, you think he is too enthusiastic??? Please explain further. :)

Quote Reply
Re: The Tokyo "2020" Olympics Swimming General Discussion Thread. [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not much useful commentary...Yes, I can see that so and so is gaining on so and so. Also very biased toward the USA (understandable). Seems like less analysis and more "Ledecky texted me..."

Edit i like he gets excited but the screaming and yelling get in the way of the race at times

"The person on top of the mountain didn't fall there." - unkown

also rule 5
Last edited by: boobooaboo: Aug 7, 21 8:29
Quote Reply
Re: The Tokyo "2020" Olympics Swimming General Discussion Thread. [boobooaboo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boobooaboo wrote:
Not much useful commentary...Yes, I can see that so and so is gaining on so and so. Also very biased toward the USA (understandable). Seems like less analysis and more "Ledecky texted me..."
Edit i like he gets excited but the screaming and yelling get in the way of the race at times

The "name dropping" is a bit irritating and agree that being USA biased is a bit much. I myself was rooting for Arnie to beat Ledecky just b/c it was about time for her to get beaten. Rowdy's enthusiasm is pretty cool though. :)

Quote Reply

Prev Next