Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2021 Triathlon Tokyo Olympics Official Race Day Thread [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BobAjobb wrote:
Given the prevalence of doping in pretty much every other sport, it would be inconceivable that it doesn't happen in triathlon.

Yeh that is my thinking given the doping history of all of three of our parent sports.

The lack of testing is slightly worrying too, but this is an issue in many sports. For prominent Ironman athletes to only be tested every 3 or 4 weeks is really, really bad.

I sometimes wonder though if people within the Triathlon community are that bothered?
Quote Reply
Re: 2021 Triathlon Tokyo Olympics Official Race Day Thread [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adman wrote:
BobAjobb wrote:
Given the prevalence of doping in pretty much every other sport, it would be inconceivable that it doesn't happen in triathlon.

Yeh that is my thinking given the doping history of all of three of our parent sports.
The lack of testing is slightly worrying too, but this is an issue in many sports. For prominent Ironman athletes to only be tested every 3 or 4 weeks is really, really bad.
I sometimes wonder though if people within the Triathlon community are that bothered?
Can you offer a bit more insight into "every 3 or 4 weeks" please? Where are those data? And could you help us by defining (roughly) "prominent Ironman athletes"? Is this the top ranked PTO 30 or 40 or MPRO and WPRO KQ? Aren't they on the 'Whereabouts 24/7' list?
Whereabouts rules are part of the ISTI standard which all(?) ADOs follow.
Top few/3 Ironman and 70.3 get tested after podium, no?
Quote Reply
Re: 2021 Triathlon Tokyo Olympics Official Race Day Thread [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisb12 wrote:
Alsadik Mikhou, Bahrain 1500m

SHOT-PUTTER BENIK ABRAMYAN

Mark Odhiambo Kenya sprinter

And yulia are the athletes listed on the ITA International Testing Agency (The testers in Tokyo) twitter .

What about Okagbare the sprinter who was excluded?
Last edited by: SheridanTris: Aug 8, 21 9:42
Quote Reply
Re: 2021 Triathlon Tokyo Olympics Official Race Day Thread [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BobAjobb wrote:

Totally agree. Some athletes can go all season without being tested. Others can be tested every race and several out of competition tests.
Quote Reply
Re: 2021 Triathlon Tokyo Olympics Official Race Day Thread [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
Adman wrote:
BobAjobb wrote:

Can you offer a bit more insight into "every 3 or 4 weeks" please? Where are those data? And could you help us by defining (roughly) "prominent Ironman athletes"? Is this the top ranked PTO 30 or 40 or MPRO and WPRO KQ? Aren't they on the 'Whereabouts 24/7' list?
Whereabouts rules are part of the ISTI standard which all(?) ADOs follow.
Top few/3 Ironman and 70.3 get tested after podium, no?

Jan and Kienle posted their drug testing records for the year on twitter.

https://www.google.com/...oles-antidoping/amp/

This was a mix of NADA's and Ironman in competition testing.

It's not their fault they are tested so infrequently but at this frequency it would be easy for some to cheat.
Quote Reply
Re: 2021 Triathlon Tokyo Olympics Official Race Day Thread [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisb12 wrote:
SheridanTris wrote:
NAB777 wrote:
The quote in question:

It is understood that there may be at least three drugs cases during Olympic competition that have not yet been announced, including a competitor in the triathlon discipline.
“From the IOC’s point of view these are the clean games, but this is pretty strange and is disrespectful to the other athletes. Let’s see what the next six weeks brings,’’ the drugs expert said.

There is a possibility that this is the same test as previously discussed. She was already selected and the games had started when it was made public. Was she ever removed from the start list?

I hope it isn’t anything other than that. Would like to think it is a clean sport.

Her test wasn't during the games, her bannannounced prior to

She failed a 2nd test in Tokyo a few days before the race.

https://ita.sport/...yuliya-yelistratova/
Quote Reply
Re: 2021 Triathlon Tokyo Olympics Official Race Day Thread [SheridanTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SheridanTris wrote:
chrisb12 wrote:
Alsadik Mikhou, Bahrain 1500m

SHOT-PUTTER BENIK ABRAMYAN

Mark Odhiambo Kenya sprinter

And yulia are the athletes listed on the ITA International Testing Agency (The testers in Tokyo) twitter .

What about Okagbare the sprinter who was excluded?

These were the only ones I found on their Twitter. Maybe there were other testers? Or I missed it amongst the other stuff they were tweeting
Quote Reply
Re: 2021 Triathlon Tokyo Olympics Official Race Day Thread [SheridanTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yelistratova testing positive at Tokyo too now picked up by Tri247

https://www.tri247.com/...g-positive-triathlon
Quote Reply

Prev Next