Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Any chance the US lets Europeans/UK in for 2021 IM70.3 Worlds? [ItaloBritt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found this about Astra Zeneca:

https://www.thestar.com/...vaccine-us-says.html
Quote Reply
Re: Any chance the US lets Europeans/UK in for 2021 IM70.3 Worlds? [Plissken74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got the invitation letter from Ironman and applied for an NIE. I guess the below response from the US consulate in London settles it.

“Thank you for your email.

We understand how concerned you are about traveling to the United States. Therefore, we reviewed your case as expeditiously as we could. Unfortunately, after examining your submission carefully, Consular managers have determined that your case does not fall under an exception to the Presidential Proclamation on Suspension of Entry for Nonimmigrant and Certain Additional Persons Who Pose a Risk of Transmitting Coronavirus Disease. This means that you do not qualify for a national interest exception and while the Presidential Proclamation remains in effect, it will not be possible for you to travel directly from the United Kingdom to the United States.”
Quote Reply
Re: Any chance the US lets Europeans/UK in for 2021 IM70.3 Worlds? [ItaloBritt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I pulled the plug and deferred the Lahti at the last round of defferal options which needed a decision before the 3rd August. Most of the responses i had via my social media suggested that a lot of others had done the same. (UK based)
Quote Reply
Re: Any chance the US lets Europeans/UK in for 2021 IM70.3 Worlds? [xcrogers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xcrogers wrote:
Having just traveled to the states to see family for the first time in 1.5-2 years that while that noted rule applies to enter the state of Hawaii from say... from another state the presidential proclamation limiting travel from the UK and Schengen areas into the USA itself for non-US citizens is still in effect.

So anyone without a US passport/marriage certificate etc etc needs to fly to an intermediate country first. Then could fly to the USA (Hawaii or any other state) after being outside the UK/EU for 14 days. This could be incorrect (or subject to change any time) but is the current advice on the US Embassy page here in London.

That said, if you have a US passport or are traveling as a spouse/child of a US citizen you can enter the country directly without issue.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/u-s-visa-and-travel-faqs/

Infact, addressing the idea of testing:

FAQ 1.7) Can I be exempted from the Presidential Proclamation if I provide a negative COVID-19 test result?/Can I be exempted if I have been vaccinated?

The Presidential Proclamation does not include an exception on the basis of negative test results or vaccination status.
Please read the proclamation in full for details of possible exemptions.

I'll also note that I have first hand knowledge of an office applying for a number of 'national exemptions' for UK/EU citizens to travel to USA for legitmate business reasons (and important ones at that, not just 'travel for the sake of business travel') that were never granted. So the idea of and excemption being granted for an Age grouper to race a 70.3/140.6 seems far fetched IMO.

This is useful, so if i understand you correctly, what determines your ability or right to fly into the USA is your 14 day travel history prior to entry. So if you are in Mexico for 14 days, you are allowed to fly in directly?
Quote Reply
Re: Any chance the US lets Europeans/UK in for 2021 IM70.3 Worlds? [asianzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, that was my understanding at that time. As with all travel restrictions they often change so people should do their own reseasrch with the relevant governments/health departments. And I think I'd make it 15 days to be safe.

Additionally, I'll note that with regard to the post where someone got a national exemption waiver and it was approved I'd hesitate to assume that is a viable pathway. While it might work in certain cases I think one would find that pathway difficult and the timeframe inwhich those approvals are made varies heavily. Ie... since I wrote that coworkers from Germany or Switzerland were approved rather quickly where people from UK/Italy/France simply never heard anything. All for legitimate work purposes, all applied for at the same time and by their office.

I'm on several expat forums here in the UK and I know that even british citizens traveling with their spouses are having their estas 'canceled' and then reviewed at the time of check-in to proceed to the states. So while they're still getting into the states (as they are allowed per the proclomation) there is a layer of scrutiny there. I think that until the proclomation is lifted those outside of the USA are going to have a hell of a time getting to Kona/St. G to race. Not saying there wont be the odd case here or there but I see it highly unlikely that large numbers of non-US entrants will be at the start line with what the 'current' rules allow or using the national exemption route.

Hopefully that changes, and soon.

2024: IM Hamburg
Last edited by: xcrogers: Aug 12, 21 8:21
Quote Reply
Re: Any chance the US lets Europeans/UK in for 2021 IM70.3 Worlds? [xcrogers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct I applied for NIE in London and was turned down by the consulate.
Quote Reply
Re: Any chance the US lets Europeans/UK in for 2021 IM70.3 Worlds? [sthwaite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The rates of infection, hospitalizations and the start of school through out the US is going to be an issue heading into the “championship” races. Ironman will have decisions to make, pull the plug or stick their head in the sand, wash their hands and leave it up to cities and states regarding whether they are willing to host thousands of people from different parts of the country?
Quote Reply
Re: Any chance the US lets Europeans/UK in for 2021 IM70.3 Worlds? [lyla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
*REPOST*

I will repost my answer from a similar thread, just in case somebody is watching this thread, but not the other:

"This seems to be the latest news on Kona situation, Ironman seems to offer athletes who qualified in the later part of the year, to defer to 2023 and above:
"We are also aware that entry into the United States is out of the question for some, and that is why we have developed a procedure for qualifying and postponing the Ironman World Championship, which takes into account the geographical conditions of our athletes, the security of the event and our obligation to allocate qualifying places for future Ironman events." The athletes will thus have a deadline of the 24th. September to postpone the starting place from 2021 optionally to one of the years 2023, 2024 and 2025."

Article with this quote is here - https://tri-mag.de/...b1gcuecNJ_FEyq0qqDDQ although in German, but easily can be translated through the web browser.

Seems like a good turn of the events to all of us who took the risk in the past 2-3 months and it gives a lot of time to arrange travels and money. Hope this helps to the rest of us as well!"

http://www.triflections.com
https://www.instagram.com/triflections/
Quote Reply

Prev Next