Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by lastlap
Last edited by: lastlap: Jul 23, 21 13:02
Re: Bike fit help [lastlap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any feedback ? Is the thought of riding 180ks like this sickening normal?

Basically I'm reasonably comfortable for around 30 mins, but then everything starts to get progressively worse and I don't know if this is normal (and I need to suck it up and get used to long time aero) or if the fit is off? Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You look pretty far forward on the saddle. And that's already a snub-nosed type saddle. Some people (like me) do creep forward on the saddle, but that's usually at higher power and on the road. That you're creeping forward at what looks like an "zone 1/2" type effort and on the trainer, I don't think is typical.

Front end looks slightly awkward somehow. Shoulders look shrugged. Again, some people shrug their shoulders intentionally for aero benefit. But I'm not sure that's what you're doing here. Your elbows look more behind the pads than what is typical. This is like seat creep - some people like to use elbow pads more like forearm pads. Just not sure that's your intent here. Without getting a good look at the bars, it's possible your extensions are a bit too short for you, and that's pushing you back a little bit more than maybe what is ideal.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit help [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I am sitting off the front of the saddle-in part due to trying to find comfort.

When researching about fit and saddle discomfort I read comments that 'many people don't realise modern seats are designed to be sat on the front' etc so I was trying with that in mind.

Pretty confused hence the call out for help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am thinking you need to be way longer.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit help [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
I am thinking you need to be way longer.

Thanks but what do you mean-I need either move the seat backwards or elbows more forward or...?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where is the nose of your saddle relative to the bottom bracket?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by lastlap [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lastlap wrote:
Is this any better?
(not a bike fitter) - I don't think so. I think you look more comfortable in the first one: shoulders are more relaxed, head is dropped more easily.

You look like you're struggling to reach the bars in the second video. Different saddle right?

From the first video I'd say extend the bars out, and tilt them up a bit.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by lastlap [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks like you are sitting too far back on the saddle.

Which model is it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a Dash G2. Perhaps the footage is deceiving but my junk is pretty much hanging off the end and the position is comfortable for my taint.

So that aside otherwise does the overall position/bio mechanics look OK?
Last edited by: lastlap: Jul 30, 21 10:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it a Strike Stock G2? Or a Stage Stock G2?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Is it a Strike Stock G2? Or a Stage Stock G2?

Stage stock G2
Quote Reply