Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

travel info for Clash (Challenge) Daytona?
Quote | Reply
ive had to change up the end of the year racing plans. im looking at clash daytona.

I'd be flying in, and trying to make it a straight shot flight. anything for me coming into daytona has connecting flights, or i can fly into orlando and rent a vehicle for the 1 hour drive.

for those that have flown in in the past, just looking for a little feedback on your travel, how it went, etc.

thanks in advance.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: travel info for Clash (Challenge) Daytona? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Orlando airport is an easy ~1hr drive. Plenty of direct flights and rental car options. Jacksonville airport is 1.5hr drive and could be an option as well, depending on where you fly from. Plenty of hotels right across from the speedway in ONE Daytona. RV rentals and staying inside Daytona International Speedway is also an option.

-Dre
RD at Clash Endurance

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I routinely drive from Tampa to Daytona. The lousy part is Tampa to the other side of Orlando.

Orlando airport to Daytona is a nothing drive. Check rental car prices though, things are bonkers right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
ive had to change up the end of the year racing plans. im looking at clash daytona.

I'd be flying in, and trying to make it a straight shot flight. anything for me coming into daytona has connecting flights, or i can fly into orlando and rent a vehicle for the 1 hour drive.

for those that have flown in in the past, just looking for a little feedback on your travel, how it went, etc.

thanks in advance.

Did the 2020 race.

I flew from New England into Orlando since it was WAY cheaper and a direct flight vs 2 layovers and a couple hundred more going to Daytona.

If I lived on the west coast and the layover was going to happen no matter what then I would fly into Daytona. The drive was an easy hour. No idea about taxis from Daytona airport to hotels. I'd rather drive an hour than sit 2 hours in an airport.

I flew in after work on Wednesday night and got to the hotel around midnight and it was super easy drive.

I stayed at the Daytona Hotel which was pricey but any of those hotels right there are a great spot to stay and would stay there again vs somewhere near the beach. If you have a family in tow and it's a vacation, then the beach really isn't that far.

I then left Monday AM and it was an easy drive back to the airport, dropped off the car and made my way to the terminal. Orlando can be hit or miss (even during covid it was this way - flew into Orlando 3 times during covid including Challenge Daytona).

Some times security the lines are non-existent, sometimes a mile long. So I would take that into consideration but we've never waited longer than an hour to get through.

Any other questions feel free to ask. I wish I could do it this year it was a great race, but considering I flew out on my wedding anniversary (was supposed to be a family trip but they stayed home because of covid) I was already given the stern NO for this year's race even though we'll be at Disney anyways.
Quote Reply