Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Bondi X: The Bondi has been rehabilitated [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A bit off-topic, but are they likely to make a Rocket Evo again? I really liked the firmer sole and low drop, they had a lot more "pop" to them compared to the Rocket X which I'm finding hard to love to be honest.. They're a bit too soft/irresponssive for me, but I'm not sure which shoe would come closest to a Rocket Evo now since those are sold out everywhere..
Quote Reply
Re: The Bondi X: The Bondi has been rehabilitated [Bob Loblaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bob Loblaw wrote:
Slowman wrote:

i believe this is why you see certain HOKA models made in all black and/or all white. medical people. restaurant workers. postal workers. anybody who's on his feet all day. my dad. 82. bad legs. HOKA wearer.

Hunh. Inneresting.
I mean, I've seen the all-white Bondis in stores and wow, are they ugly. U-G-L-Y, you-ain't-got-no-alibi ugly. I mean, I was looking for bondis, and didn't think I cared how they looked, and they were available in my size and on sale but I couldn't do it. No other colors available so I went with the cliftons.

Our shop got the all black ones and they are double ugly! It's a bit embarrassing to even show them to anyone. That and the wide fit makes them only useable for stump footed dishwashers.

We also have Carbon X and X2 and those are so dead that we can't even get anyone to buy them at sale prices. That is one bad foam....

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: The Bondi X: The Bondi has been rehabilitated [playguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
playguy wrote:
Bob Loblaw wrote:
Slowman wrote:

i believe this is why you see certain HOKA models made in all black and/or all white. medical people. restaurant workers. postal workers. anybody who's on his feet all day. my dad. 82. bad legs. HOKA wearer.

Hunh. Inneresting.
I mean, I've seen the all-white Bondis in stores and wow, are they ugly. U-G-L-Y, you-ain't-got-no-alibi ugly. I mean, I was looking for bondis, and didn't think I cared how they looked, and they were available in my size and on sale but I couldn't do it. No other colors available so I went with the cliftons.

Our shop got the all black ones and they are double ugly! It's a bit embarrassing to even show them to anyone. That and the wide fit makes them only useable for stump footed dishwashers.

We also have Carbon X and X2 and those are so dead that we can't even get anyone to buy them at sale prices. That is one bad foam....

please post your sale price here on the carbon x 2. because, i absolutely love that foam, and i suspect a lot of other people do as well. if you can't sell the carbon x 2 at sale prices, please post your sale price on this shoe, so that slowtwitch can help you get rid of a shoe playtri is trying to get rid of.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just used the Carbon X in IMLP and hated them. All of these next% shoes just seem to hurt my feet.. maybe I am just a 56YO wuss, curious what people think of the Rocket X vs the Bondi, etc..
Quote Reply
Re: The Bondi X: The Bondi has been rehabilitated [TriNSki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Hoka recognized just how poorly the did with the Carbon X, given that the Carbon X2 sounds like different shoe entirely, the reviews I have seen on it have all said the same, not the same shoe, complete overhaul of the midsole.

I bought the Carbon X put them on and ran around the house in them and put them right back in the box, slapped the runningwarehouse return label on them and went to UPS.
Quote Reply
Re: The Bondi X: The Bondi has been rehabilitated [opusTpenguin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correction, I used the Carbon X2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, any update to this?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
here's the bad news. this is a $200 shoe. and if you're going to buy it anyway, you have to wait until october. but here's the good news. the bondi is back, and better than ever at least for my feet. i wrote about it on our front page. i've been in it the last month. it's just a terrific shoe.

but as i wrote, there's a lot about this shoe that's really great other than the carbon plate. i suspect this shoe without the carbon plate would be a spitload better than the bondi 7. anyway, for those who've been asking about what shoe to get next if fit the bondi profile but are not happy with the bondi 7, this is it.

It's October! The advertising algorithms reminded me. I apologize in advance if this is a beaten-down topic but I have a question for you.

A couple years ago I read your article on the Bondi B reissue. I only ran in Nikes. Since then, I've only run in hokas.

BindiB reissue
Clifton reissue
Rincon (no idea what model)
Bondi 7
And one more set of Bondi B reissue.

BTW Thank you. You could literally have saved my life. I love my hokas and my family needs me to put in weekly milage for sanity.

Question:
How would the Bondi x or carbon x do on an xc marathon? Looking for comfort and injury prevention over speed.
Quote Reply
Re: The Bondi X: The Bondi has been rehabilitated [PapaBear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PapaBear wrote:
Slowman wrote:
here's the bad news. this is a $200 shoe. and if you're going to buy it anyway, you have to wait until october. but here's the good news. the bondi is back, and better than ever at least for my feet. i wrote about it on our front page. i've been in it the last month. it's just a terrific shoe.

but as i wrote, there's a lot about this shoe that's really great other than the carbon plate. i suspect this shoe without the carbon plate would be a spitload better than the bondi 7. anyway, for those who've been asking about what shoe to get next if fit the bondi profile but are not happy with the bondi 7, this is it.

It's October! The advertising algorithms reminded me. I apologize in advance if this is a beaten-down topic but I have a question for you.

A couple years ago I read your article on the Bondi B reissue. I only ran in Nikes. Since then, I've only run in hokas.

BindiB reissue
Clifton reissue
Rincon (no idea what model)
Bondi 7
And one more set of Bondi B reissue.

BTW Thank you. You could literally have saved my life. I love my hokas and my family needs me to put in weekly milage for sanity.

Question:
How would the Bondi x or carbon x do on an xc marathon? Looking for comfort and injury prevention over speed.

the only thing i can tell you is i just purchased my second pair of Bondi X online and they should show up today. They aren't a race shoe, but they are a crackerjack training shoe. I'm running longer mileage runs now - longer runs than i've ran in a decade or more - and i don't know how successful i would be at that if this shoe hadn't been released.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I should have bought these instead of the Metaspeed Skys...would have done my 205lb self more good.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been running competitively for over 40 years... Bx is the best shoe I've ever ran in. I raced in mine last weekend, and yes, they are great race shoes for an old geezer. I could race with complete abandon, without my form imperfections causing injuries, like race shoes have done to me, in the past. I was also expecting to be beat up... but I was surprisingly not, and went out for a normal run this morning. Now my only hope... is that Hoka doesn't fuck these shoes up, like they have been known to do in the past.

Athlinks / Strava
Quote Reply
Re: The Bondi X: The Bondi has been rehabilitated [Dean T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm coming to the end of the useful life of my Bondi 6's. I've reallt like the fact that I can get them in a wide version. I looked at the Bindi X but there is no wide option. Is there anyone that's gone from the wide Bondi 6/7's to the Bondi X that can comment on the width fit? The Clifton is tight and the Ma ch 4 was uncomfortably so.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The Bondi X: The Bondi has been rehabilitated [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
I should have bought these instead of the Metaspeed Skys...would have done my 205lb self more good.

For some reason I always thought you were around 225

Didn’t realize I am actually heavier than you, I feel your pain
Quote Reply
Re: The Bondi X: The Bondi has been rehabilitated [rayman54] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Bx is just slightly wider than the B7 in the toe. I have a spur from an old broken toe, that gets irritated in the B7, unless I run with the laces on the loose side. I’m able to sinch the Bx down comfortably tight, and it doesn’t aggravate the spur.

I went through 3 pairs of the B6, and the uppers separated from the bottom, on the outer edge, on every single one of them.

Athlinks / Strava
Quote Reply
Re: The Bondi X: The Bondi has been rehabilitated [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A year ago I peaked at 230lbs, post clavicle repair in '18 being consistent with my weigh has been difficult. All races getting cancelled gave me nothing in 2020 really and I let it all slip. I really established discipline this year with my training and was able to use IMMI70.3 and IMAZ as platforms for weightloss and fitness.

Quote Reply
Re: The Bondi X: The Bondi has been rehabilitated [rayman54] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rayman54 wrote:
I'm coming to the end of the useful life of my Bondi 6's. I've reallt like the fact that I can get them in a wide version. I looked at the Bindi X but there is no wide option. Is there anyone that's gone from the wide Bondi 6/7's to the Bondi X that can comment on the width fit? The Clifton is tight and the Ma ch 4 was uncomfortably so.

Thanks

I have both the Bondi 6 wide, and also the Bondi X (non-wide).

There's not a huge difference between the two. I feel like my Bondi 6-wide isn't quite wide enough, and that the Bondi X can stretch out after a few runs for me to work fine (but it did take 2-3 runs to stretch it out.)

The New Balance 1080v11 wide in comparison, is definitely wide (which I like for an easy day shoe) - noticeably wider than the Bondi 6 for me.

You will notice though, if you're coming from a Bondi 6 wide, so be prepared to return if it doesn't work for you.
Quote Reply
Re: The Bondi X: The Bondi has been rehabilitated [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you, that was very helpful!
Quote Reply

Prev Next