Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Concept2 RowErg [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah that’s crazy. I’ll forego the content to save 60%
Quote Reply
Re: Concept2 RowErg [jeremyebrock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea, it's a hard sell especially if you already have hardware (for example, a Concept 2), a peloton membership, and a nice workout room TV to cast from the phone app...
Quote Reply
Re: Concept2 RowErg [wcb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wcb wrote:
Men's Health had a an article a while back "You can't call yourself fit unless you can pass these 7 tests". Two of them were rowing.

500 in 1:30
2k in 7:00

I had never rowed prior to this year. I'm 5'7 on a good day so not a terribly long pull. Hitting the two benchmarks above are proving to be much more difficult than I anticipated. I'm probably able to hold a 1:45 pace for 500 at best. Don't know that I've ever hit a 1:30 even for a few seconds. So if you're getting into rowing and want some legit challenges to work towards...there you go.

These are tough numbers.

1:45 for 500m is 300W. At 5'6" that is very solid. If you held that for 2000m you hit 7 min holding 300W rowing. That's like a 5'6" athlete holding 300W for 20 min on the bike. That's not easy at that height unless really heavy and muscular.

I am 5'6" and around 64 kilos now. For my rowing 30 second sprints on a good day I try to hold 300W which is your 1:45 number. I am also 56. Maybe the 25 year old version of me would be cruising at 1:30 since I could also cruise 5on running miles back then and I can barely break 7 min for mile now lol
Quote Reply

Prev Next