Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vintage yet perfect QR Tri bike
Quote | Reply
So in 2001 I took part in a relay with a group of friends up in Dewey Beach, Delaware and, whilst visiting with one of the many vendors who had set up shop, took the plunge and spent $1100 that, believe me, I didn't have at the time as a young father and bought this beauty. At various points over the past 20 years I've gotten into and fallen out of shape and put this old gal through numerous trainer sessions, road sessions and Olympic distance triathlons and even the occasional half-Ironman. The one thing that has remained consistent is the way I've cared for her and really all of my earthly material possessions. Aside from a few nicks it's almost hard to tell the difference between this bike now and this bike as she was sitting in the parking lot tent 20 years ago.

Alas, this is the year that, at 54 and an "old" father, I've taken the plunge and decided to tackle my first Ironman on September 18th. To that end I have purchased a new (used) Felt and am praying that my beloved QR finds a good home with someone looking to get into the sport who appreciates older things.

58 cm QR Kilo (will fit you if you are between 5'10" and 6'3")
Aluminum frame with carbon forks
Shimano 105 group
Velocity Deep V 650c wheels with Michelin tires
Two new Continental tires and tubes thrown in. They weren't cheap.

Pedals not included. She has never been in a crash. She has always been maintained by excellent mechanics.

I will completely windex her up and throw a coat of wax on the paint. You will be responsible for paying for boxing (likely $100) and shipping costs via BikeFlights or similar service provider. I will get the bike to a shop in Mt. Pleasant, SC that will take care of this.

Please feel free to email me with any questions. breichjr@hotmail.com

$695
Last edited by: breichjr: Jul 9, 21 12:46
Quote Reply