Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Shield
Quote | Reply
Season finale is Tuesday and I missed the last episode. What happened?

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: The Shield [DualFuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lem accepted a plea bargain to do 5 years (1.5 if good behavior) in order to cut the legs out from under the IAD investigation. No leverage, no Strike Team prosecutions. Antwon and Vic cut a deal to make sure Lem would be safe behind bars. The deal was to go with Curren Little (fresh off his failed rap career) to rip off the supply warehouse where the last of the seized assets were being held (refer back to when Glenn Close was captain). Antwon used the opportunity to have one his guys kill Curren Little, whom Antwan figured was going to try to take control of the 19ers. Vic and the Strike Team didn't know about Antwan's ulterior motives, and got stuck in between it. The safe that Antwan's guy stole from the warehouse didn't have the money in it that Antwan thought it would, and so he reneged on the deal. At the end, Lem was supposed to report for incarceration, but Vic convinced him to go on the lam, in order to save his life.

Side plots:

Julian caught the guy who was setting the rat traps in the glory holes. Oh yeah... there was another rat trap incident where a guy lost his unit to a sprung trap.

Vic nailed John's ex-wife, and then told him about it.

Claudette was given the captain's job again

Danny went into labor at the end of the show.

John went over to Vic's ex's house to return the favor at the end of the show.

Not sure if I missed anything critical.

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Last edited by: steveperx: Mar 19, 06 8:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope, that sums it up pretty well.

When Vic told Kavanaugh that he slept with his ex wife, I about lost it. That was great. :)

Quote | Reply
Cool. Thanks for the info.

Anyone know why this has been moved to the Classifieds? Seems there is a ghost of this thread over there. Weird...

Last edited by: DualFuel: Mar 19, 06 17:22
Quote Reply
Re: The Shield [steveperx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow, that was impressive Steve. Now I know who to go to if something happens in The Shield that I don't understand. Can't wait for Tuesday night, it's supposed to be a 90 minute grand finale.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: The Shield [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Best show on TV. Too bad it probably won't last much longer.

Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no doubt, it is the one show that I try to find time to watch each week. Agreed, not sure how much longer it can go on, it seems to be in a self destruct mode. But just when I can't imagine what could happen next, they surprise me. Maybe we'll at least get one more season out of it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think one more season, and it's done. It's tragic that I won't have that entertainment anymore, but that's definitely the way to wrap up a show... not the "Friends" slow death syndrome.

Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that show that will be filling The Shield time slot on Tuesdays starting next week looks like it might be interesting.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're referring to "Thief?" Looks promising. Andre Braugher is the shit!

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Re: The Shield [Cyclopath] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He was damn good in "Homicide"...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So... predictions for the final episode anyone?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a predicition - but ..

The Shield has really got to me this season. I find myself examining why I want Vic to beat Cavanaugh - I can not come up wth any answer other than personality and charisma. I liked last season with Glen Close and that this season has been even more compelling.

With Arrested Development now off the air The Shield is IMHO the best show on television.

David K
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pure guess, but here goes:

Vic and the Strike Team get off (again). Lem's deal is rescinded, but Vic manages to strike a deal with either (1) a 19er underling; or (2) a rival gang, to have Antwan whacked in prison. Without the leverage of Antwan's threat, Lem fights the charges (season ends without a resolution of guilty or innocent). Cavanaugh's credibility is shot because he couldn't get Vic. Danny's baby is NOT Vic's. Julian can't fight his homosexual tendency's anymore and Tomas (see Season 1) returns just at the right (wrong?) time. Dutch continues to hit on the hot rookie cop, but it gets him nowhere (surprise, surprise).

I hope it's not THAT predictable.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Re: The Shield [DavidK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One other thing . . . does anybody else think that Ronnie is getting the short shrift on character development as far as the Strike Team goes? I mean, we know a lot about Vic (main character), and both Lem and Shane have been developed in their own subplots. But other than getting his face burned by Armadillo in Season 2, has Ronnie ever been the focus of any substantial subplots? Just a thought.

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope you're right that the plot isn't that transparent... I agree that Danny's baby is not going to be Vic's... unless they want to add yet another autistic child... (sorry, bad joke).

Good call about Ronnie. I like him. Would like to see more development.

Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They gave Ronnie a lot more lines this season, so maybe they'll have something better for him next season?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watchin' it right now...I can't f'n believe Shane just blew Lem up. Never would have guessed that one. I would have also bet against Vic being Danny's baby's dad...

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: The Shield [mthammer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah. Shows how much I know. About the only thing I got right is that Vic and the Strike Team got off again. Never would've guessed it would work out that way.

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply