Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What happens when you have anti-war protests and no one shows up?
Quote | Reply
Australia - 500 people
London - 15,000
Tokyo - 2000
Sweden - 200
Greece - 600
Berlin - 700

By the way, no signs were spotted saying the following:

"Insurgents out of Iraq".

hmm.
Quote Reply
Re: What happens when you have anti-war protests and no one shows up? [Startmeup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
must have scheduled the protest during the sopranos

--
mcoker
Quote Reply
Re: What happens when you have anti-war protests and no one shows up? [Startmeup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Q: What happens when you start a war, and none of your allies stick around?

A: The US taxpayer is stuck with the bill for a quagmire war, and Bush's approval rating in the low 30s.
Quote Reply
Re: What happens when you have anti-war protests and no one shows up? [ibchillin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Q: What happens when you start a war, and none of your allies stick around?

A: The US taxpayer is stuck with the bill for a quagmire war, and Bush's approval rating in the low 30s.
The US taxpayer voted for Bush. Who do you suggest should pick up the tab?

Deceptively slow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Between 30 and 40 million protested in late 2002 and early '03 (in other countries, just a few hundred thousand here) but there was minimal media coverage and it didn't stop the war ... Its a little late now, in my opinion.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/...003_anti-war_protest
Quote Reply
Re: What happens when you have anti-war protests and no one shows up? [ibchillin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Q: What happens when you start a war, and none of your allies stick around?

A: The US taxpayer is stuck with the bill for a quagmire war, and Bush's approval rating in the low 30s.[/reply]

WHY DO WE CARE WHAT HIS APPROVAL RATING IS. He is not running for re-election, so he can now do what he wants, and not rule by opinion poll.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An insightful post, from those protest turnouts it is obvious that everyone supports the clusterfuck we started in Iraq.
Quote Reply
Re: What happens when you have anti-war protests and no one shows up? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well...depends...wait that with the approval of the supreme court, he changes the constitution to run a 3rd time...
Quote Reply
Re: What happens when you have anti-war protests and no one shows up? [Curate's Egg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Should I "protest" by not paying taxes? I am just about to file everything electronically... oh wait... they are giving ME money back. Guess I'll go ahead.
Quote Reply
Re: What happens when you have anti-war protests and no one shows up? [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Should I "protest" by not paying taxes? I am just about to file everything electronically... oh wait... they are giving ME money back. Guess I'll go ahead.[/reply]

Uhmmm Im sure your still paying taxes, you just overpaid and are getting the extra back.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: What happens when you have anti-war protests and no one shows up? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you imagine anything mobilizing americans at this point to take part in massive protests? You look at what is happening in France right now, and you wonder, what would it take to trigger massive popular protests in this country. Can you name one issue that would get people to stop shopping and take to the streets for a few minutes? Hard to imagine one.
Quote Reply
Re: What happens when you have anti-war protests and no one shows up? [rundhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Piece of cake. Cut Medicare, Medicaid and SS.
Quote Reply
Re: What happens when you have anti-war protests and no one shows up? [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nah, wouldn't happen.
Quote Reply
Re: What happens when you have anti-war protests and no one shows up? [rundhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you hit it on the head. What will get people out of the malls? Hard to think of something at the moment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Even I took to the streets during the Florida 2000 election mess, along with my mother and father.

You would be surprised at the reaction given the right motivation.
Quote Reply
Re: What happens when you have anti-war protests and no one shows up? [Curate's Egg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The US taxpayer voted for Bush. Who do you suggest should pick up the tab?

The US taxpayers who voted for Bush.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Put the gas at the price it is in Europe...
Quote Reply
Re: What happens when you have anti-war protests and no one shows up? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While i would normally agree, I don't think that that would do it here. Yes, it's absurd, but Americans would find a way, any possible way, to get to the mall or stores to shop. It makes them feel good. It's sad in a way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not following you re: the mall/shopping reference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, if no one is protesting it clearly means the world has come around to see that invading Iraq was the right thing to do and that Bush deserves credit for standing down terrorists and making the world a better place.

It has to be only days now until the insurgents lay down their arms in Iraq, the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt renounce their ways, the Hamas reverse their decision to not have any moderates in their government and democracy flows in the Middle East.

I'm going to stay glued to my computer today waiting the Breaking News of all this love about to explode and it's all due to our beloved leader.

You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Quote Reply