Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help Cube aerium c68 sl vs shiv disc 2021
Quote | Reply

Hello.
I would like to know if you could help me with this choice. I have a cube aerium c68 sl. And they are offering me a shiv disc. Is it worth the change? Which is better bike? Aesthetically I don't really like shiv, but if it's better, change can do the trick. I can't find any tunnel data or shiv tests that say how good or bad it is. Thank you
Very very thanks.
Rafael
Quote Reply
Re: Help Cube aerium c68 sl vs shiv disc 2021 [warlockuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cube were pretty happy about what they were able to do for LCB...
Bar adjustability on the Shiv is nowhere close to what you've got
Quote Reply
Re: Help Cube aerium c68 sl vs shiv disc 2021 [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Such a nice looking bike, too. Seems they're picking up some good athletes these days. Must have a new disc bike in the pipeline. I hope the price point won't change much because the aero/$ value is top of the heap at the moment.
Quote Reply
Re: Help Cube aerium c68 sl vs shiv disc 2021 [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is the question which is a better bike, or which one saves more with the same speed, I have the opportunity to change it but I do not really know if it is worth it, the cube is new, it also has a year of use.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if the cube the front adapts to all tastes and needs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's safe to assume the Cube is faster than the Shiv non-TT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only quantified claim I have seen on the Shiv is the following statement from Specialized: Compared to the fastest 2011 Shiv setup possible (Fuelcell, slammed bars, clean cable routing, BTA bottle), the Shiv Disc is nearly a minute faster over the Kona course.

Specialized provides no reference to wheels and tires so I'm tempted to say its a wash between the new and old shiv in the same way its a wash between the P5x and P5. It really comes down to how much storage you need. The 2011 Shiv Tri has never been considered world leading in terms of aerodynamics but we are past past the point of peak aero so the absolute differences will be small.
Quote Reply
Re: Help Cube aerium c68 sl vs shiv disc 2021 [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But wasn't the old Shiv one of the slower/slowest bikes in most aero shootouts that included it?

Statements by Specialized at launch about the new Shiv being "as fast as the last gen" or "optimized for Kona crosswinds" do not inspire confidence.

Peak aero just means it's hard to make a bike faster than a P5-3. But it's still easy to make it slower. Don't assume all new bikes will be fast because of "peak aero."
Quote Reply
Re: Help Cube aerium c68 sl vs shiv disc 2021 [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok i understand this, so i keep the cube ??
and I do not spend on the change to the shiv?
:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keep the Cube.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Help Cube aerium c68 sl vs shiv disc 2021 [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok very very thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey David,

Where can I find the Cube Aerium 68 TT pad stack and pad reach? It appears the website only has the frame stack and reach? Also it’s interesting all their pros are on rim brake bikes

You fitted me years ago and it’s time to look at a new bike and I wonder if this will fit. My pad stack is 735 and pad reach is 421.

Thanks mate
Quote Reply
Re: Help Cube aerium c68 sl vs shiv disc 2021 [bedfordvan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bedfordvan wrote:
Where can I find the Cube Aerium 68 TT pad stack and pad reach? It appears the website only has the frame stack and reach?
You fitted me years ago and it’s time to look at a new bike and I wonder if this will fit. My pad stack is 735 and pad reach is 421.

The fit data is the same as the Tri version https://www.cube.eu/en/geometry/
Minimum pad x on the L with High bar is 431 and max pad Y 716, but I'm not clear whether the stack of the pad itself is included based on the diagrams. If it's not included you could be in business. I'll ask their engineer.

Quote:
Also it’s interesting all their pros are on rim brake bikes

That's because the rim brake one is faster in their testing...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the quick response. Sounds like we can make that work as it’s very close.
Quote Reply