Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? June 21 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 21 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My goals were to do everything I could to avoid surgery. I did that, but this bone just isn't healing on its own. I am having surgery tomorrow. I am proud of myself for the 19 days without cardio. I really did give it my best shot and did everything my doctor told me.

I did ask at the Wed. appointment if I could swim Thurs-Tues and he said that was ok. A friend canoed on Friday so I could get an open water swim in my favorite place on earth and I am so appreciative for friends and family who helped me pull that swim together with about 36 hours notice. I've been grateful to have cardio time period. I feel ready for surgery to get this fixed.

Healthy coping skills - I'm on day 38 except one small slip last week (Tuesday was REALLY stressful because I knew I had the dr's appt the next day)

M - off
T - upper body weights
W - off
T - 3200 yd easy swim, 30 min water run
F - 2 mi lake swim (and 2 mi canoe as it was a point to point swim)
S - 6300 yd swim
S - 3000 yd swim + weights

goals this week: swim and or water run Mon and Tues (done), not sure when I will be allowed to work out again after that --- so the goal is to listen to my doctor's orders exactly.

I hope everyone is well.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 21 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm glad you were able to get in that swim.

I hope the surgery goes well tomorrow Dr TC. Do you have to stay overnight or do they release you the same day?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck with your surgery.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 21 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same day. Thank you!

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 21 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you!

Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 21 Edition [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you.
Surgery went well. I'm still coming down from adrenaline and have only slept just a bit :-( the med I took that should have knocked me out cold for the night worked for like three hours.

I hope you're well.

THanks again for the kind words.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thinking of you, Dr. TC. Glad the surgey went well, and I hope you get good sleep soon.

I hope all the womens are doing awesome things!

I went down and sherpa'd a couple of friends at Eagleman a couple of weeks ago, and it really relit a candle of "I wanna be doing this tOoOoOoO..." that I haven't had for a while. I'm cautiously trying to ease myself back into doing something after what has been a very, very extended off-season. I've ridden my tri bike and was grateful to learn that I can still balance on two wheels, and I still have some power in my legs even if it's not for long periods yet. I also treated myself to possibly the ugliest pair of running shoes in the history of the world ever - black Hoka Gaviotas - in an attempt to not destroy my knees. I also dropped below Athena weight today for the first time since I started racing, so that should help too if I can keep it up.

Short term goals:
* Finish 3 credits by the end of my semester (June 30).
* Go for some runs. And rides. And maybe even a swim or two.
* Keep losing weight

Medium term goals:
* Rev3 New England Sprint, Aug
* Pumpkinman Sprint, Sept
* Old Port Half 13.1, Nov (stretch goal if the running goes OK)
* Graduate college, Dec (16 years in the making!)
* Keep losing weight

2022:
* Eagleman (deferred from 2021)
* IMMD (deferred from 2021)
* Depending on location, off-road nationals for Team USA 2023 (because not enough women race mtb!)
* Lose enough weight to look sexy as hell in a fancy white dress sometime in October

I'm looking forward to getting back into the active community as much as anything, I think. I miss the excitement of race day and the satisfaction of a good training session and having good war stories to discuss with friends.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 21 Edition [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hi! I'm glad things are going well for you.
I am 100% positive you look sexy as hell right now but if you want to lose weight for aesthetic or speed or health reasons that's cool too

Quote Reply