Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: cassette not engaging wheel [Upstaterun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Upstaterun wrote:
BigH wrote:
I have the same problem with my 808 NSW. Didi you find a solution to this issue?

I just sent my wheel back to the bike shop where I purchased and will keep you posted.

Please do keep us updated. We have one being evaluated at Zipp now. It took a lot of effort to even get the wheel authorized for return. The canned response seems to be it is out of warranty so we won’t help. This is a big change from the past Zipp CS which was over the top great. Seems like a crazy response for wheelsets that retail over $3,000.

The secondary challenge with getting these wheels serviced is that shops and even Zipp warranty staff don’t know much about the Cognition axial clutch. It doesn’t help that this clutch is on at least it’s 3rd revision.

On ours Zipp warranty told us we needed a new freehub. The Cognition hub doesn’t have a freehub with pawls that wear. Instead it has clearly visible notches that fit into the axial clutch plates. The plates are available for something like $210US which makes a pretty pricey experiment and represents a good chunk of what it would cost to swap the hub for a more reliable model.
Quote Reply

Prev Next