Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

any remedy to avoid blisters with the running shoes?
Quote | Reply
Hi all. Yesterday I went on a easy run without socks and I think it was my first time without them with the trainers that I am using... I tend to sweat quite a lot . I think even my feet sweat more that the average...so, do you have any trick or remedy to run without socks avoiding those damn blisters afterwards? Otherwise I will be force to run my 1st triathlon (sprint d.) in july with socks
Thank you

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Re: any remedy to avoid blisters with the running shoes? [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vaseline
Quote Reply
Re: any remedy to avoid blisters with the running shoes? [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paint your feet with liquid bandage. After the race it will look like your skin is peeling off, but it’s just the product and your feet will be perfect.

Move on. Keep training. Be an adult.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second the liquid bandage. Used to get really bad blisters on my arches and once I started using it, haven’t had a single one.

Also, pour in wayyyy more baby powder than you think into your shoes (run and bike).

Finally, if you get blisters on the tops of your toes, you can look into changing how you lace your shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All these workarounds are generally uneccesrary if you go a half size larger. Most of have a shoe size that we think is correct for running, but it is based on dress shoes. Try a half size larger and see if it gets better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can get by up to 10k without socks. I had to start with a couple of miles and work my way up though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dump baby powder in my my run shoes on tris I do barefoot.

It does take a certain level of "foot training".

I won't do anything longer than a Oly without socks.

Swim - Bike - Run the rest is just clothing changes.
Quote Reply