Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ?Stupid Question? Does Gamrin 945 LTE require separate data plan [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This might be a stupid question but are you flip turning not open turns?
Quote Reply
Re: ?Stupid Question? Does Gamrin 945 LTE require separate data plan [Grantbot21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Open turns. Every other Garmin I have used updates its length counts in real time. And a watch rarely (as in effectively never) miscounts a length for me.
Quote Reply
Re: ?Stupid Question? Does Gamrin 945 LTE require separate data plan [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn’t read DC rainmakers review. But the the first part of it says that this isn’t a 945 with LTE it’s basically a ground up build of the 945 and they added LTE.

I wonder if they changed the algorithm in there on how it calculates and it’s doing something different because of the open turns than what it previously did. Because what it sounds like it’s doing is almost taking the time and doing some sort of averaging to kick out the lengths which is why it’s not updated right away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, following up on this:

I noticed in the pool that this watch has an auto-lap feature where the watch will auto pause at the end of an interval. It is actually on my older 945 but i didn't have it enabled.

Sometimes on short rest it didn't auto pause and when i finished the next interval it said i did more than i thought. I would then add that to the previous interval in my head.

If i wasn't paying attention it would be easy to think i did more and screw up the final count in my head while the watch was actually correct
Quote Reply
Re: ?Stupid Question? Does Gamrin 945 LTE require separate data plan [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, I was playing with both the 945 and 945 LTE side-by-side for a while in the pool. And, I was experimenting with this feature on both watches. In general, I found that they both worked about the same... It was pretty good, but not exactly as I would start & stop a lap. And it would occasionally miss a rest, especially if I was doing something like putting on or taking off paddles. My net judgement was that the auto rest does not work for me. But, it would work pretty well if I only did intervals with no toys and held my watch hand relatively still between intervals.

I was hoping that the 2.10 firmware update would fix the weird occasional distance update for longer intervals, but no joy yet. So, I am reverting to swimming with the old 945 in the pool, because I cannot count lengths worth a crap on any interval over 200 yards.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same here. I had finished 1,000 free & my Garmin (although it is only a 920) showed 550. It never could get the distances right in the pool & since chlorine also kills the bands quickly, I just don't use it for swimming & keep track in my head of the distance I've done.
Quote Reply
Re: ?Stupid Question? Does Gamrin 945 LTE require separate data plan [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What kind of battery life are people getting? I seem to be losing about 20% per day even without any tracked exercise.
Quote Reply
Re: ?Stupid Question? Does Gamrin 945 LTE require separate data plan [Traket92x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Traket92x wrote:
What kind of battery life are people getting? I seem to be losing about 20% per day even without any tracked exercise.

It’s definitely less than my fenix 6. But it hasn’t been anything terrible. Do you have pulse ox on the whole day?

The weird one I am getting is anytime I get an alert, like text, email etc. That screen automatically kicks off searching for Ant+ connections and locks on my stryd and wahoo…. It’s lots of fun… I switched back to my fenix unless I’m working out because of that.
Quote Reply
Re: ?Stupid Question? Does Gamrin 945 LTE require separate data plan [Traket92x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Less than my 935 per charge but nearly the same as my older 945. I wear it all day plus workouts just recording HR and not blood O2. I'm not impressed with the battery life on either 945.

The optical HR is better and the 02 sensor take less power than the older 945 to run all day. I kept the O2 on for a few weeks and then turned it off.
Quote Reply
Re: ?Stupid Question? Does Gamrin 945 LTE require separate data plan [Grantbot21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh the other couple bugs I got were in Tri Mode.

After the swim, it completely jacked up the barometer that caused the altitude to malfunction until I manually reset it after it dried out.

Also it loaded my 5k into training peaks as a 450TSS workout. I don’t think I ran the 5k quite that hard.
Quote Reply

Prev Next