Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB: bone stimulator
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone,
I have a stress fracture and my doctor has recommended a bone stimulator. Insurance won't cover it so I'm looking elsewhere. Please message me if you have one you'd like to sell.
much love
tc

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: bone stimulator [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If this is the same as a Tens Unit I have this one. Needs pads and I would recommend a rechargeable 9 volt battery. PM me an address and it’s yours. Yes that means free.

https://www.amazon.com/...dExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: bone stimulator [Juanmoretime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are really generous. I will ask, but I'm pretty sure a bone stimulator is a different thing (because I was told to expect in the $3k-$5k range).

STer's are awesome and I hope you have a great day.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: bone stimulator [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
-You are right, they are very different ( frequency, intensity, etc.)

-There is an outfit who rents these: exogenrentals.com ( there may also be other places that do this)

-You can also pick up a used Exogen unit on ebay, craigslist, etc.- but make sure it's the older model with the orange button, as you can easily replace the batteries on those. The newer units with purple coloring have software which will lock the user out after so many uses.

-Maybe also try finding the local rep through your ortho office, or the Exogen website, chances are they may be able to give you a deal on a demo/returned unit if you are not going through insurance.

Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: bone stimulator [Zissou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the info. The woman who does these things for the orthopod is supposed to call me Tuesday. I'm not sure I would have thought to ask about renting one.

Quote Reply