They took the black women, with the black man weak
Made to watch as they changed the paradigm
Of our village
They killed the blind, they killed the lazy, they went
So far as to kill the unborn baby
Yeah White nationalism is what put you in bondage
Pirates and vampires like Columbus, Morgan, and Darwin
They drank the blood of the sheep, trampled all over them with
Steel laden feet, throw in the tricks alcohol and deceit.
Nothing has changed take a look at our streets.

Complaints from shocked students and parents led to a tape-recorded apology sent to all parents apologizing for the performance. Autum's father condemned white district officials as "racist crackers." Autum defended her poem by explaining to the Westchester Journal News that white people are "devils and they should be gone. We should be away from them and still be in Africa."

She defiantly told the NYPost today:

"I feel good about the response," Autum said of the firestorm engulfing the Peekskill City School District, where her recitation of a poem at a high school and a middle school offended students. "I know it was the right thing."
Autum has the backing of NYC councilman and former Black Panther Charles "I want to slap white people" Barron and king of racial demagoguery, Al Sharpton.

Not exactly Maya Angelou.
Quote Reply
Re: Poem by 7 year old... [Startmeup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yawn....

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Re: Poem by 7 year old... [Erik Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now let's add that the young poet is a black muslim. Interesting, very interesting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Startmeup, I hear the best way to prevent people from exercising their freedom of speech is to go out and burn cars, buildings and cause a few deaths to occur in mass protests (a la Mohammed caricatures).

What are you waiting for? How will the muslims ever take the christians seriously?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not buying that a 7 year old wrote that poem.
Quote Reply
Re: Poem by 7 year old... [haennp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
when i was 7, i thought a paradigm was 20 cents.

get it? haha! i'm loling already.

seriously, that is one seriously indoctrinated kid, whatever her age or actual degree of involvement in the creation of that poem.

http://www.theninjadon.blogspot.com

"The bicycle riders drank much wine, and were burned and browned by the sun. They did not take the race seriously except among themselves." -- Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am sure her parents had nothing to do with writing that poem.
"Steel laden feet"
"Made to watch as they changed the paradigm"

Whatever. The kid must be a genius.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
7 year old my ass...

and how did Darwin get entangled in all this? I couldn't understand a damn bit of that poem - I'd be enraged, if I could understand any of it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Now let's add that the young poet is a black muslim. Interesting, very interesting.[/reply]

I'm glad I'm not you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The fact that you believe that a 7-year old wrote that poem goes a long way in explaining the content of some of your posts.

You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Quote Reply
Re: Poem by 7 year old... [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have a registration with the NY Post, but I believe this is the full story as originally reported:

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/65294.htm

Here's something similar:

http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/200603150600/NEWS02/603150386&template=printart

She may not have totally written it herself, but she certinaly believes it to be the truth. I don't see any mention of her religion though, not sure where that is coming from.

EDIT: The Michelle Malkin op-ed piece in Townhall.com says the 7 year old's Dad is a Nation of Islam member.
Last edited by: Tridiot: Mar 17, 06 13:45
Quote Reply
Re: Poem by 7 year old... [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is very clear is that you don't know this 7 year old nor the story which has been all over the news. Perhaps a google search would help you find out a little more about her and her "accomplishments" as a child protege. You and at least one other on this thread are now acknowledging and verbalizing your own stereotypes.

I guess Pascal didn't teach himself geometry at age 12.
Steve Kirsch wrote an email program at age 12 and participated in the birth of the internet, programming the IBM 360 mainframe.

William Cullen Bryant - published at age 10
HP Lovecraft - recited poetry at age 2
Picasso - painting at age 8

Oh, and Tiger Woods - Int'l junior tourney at age 8.

But I'm sure you're right. No one could possibly be that smart - well, again, perhaps on your planet.
Quote Reply
Re: Poem by 7 year old... [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A rather hollow reply.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Not exactly Maya Angelou"

You contradicting yourself already?

Yeah, Pascal was a controvertial media hound, attention wanting, anger stirring, jerk. You need a new username: ApplesToOranges.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Now let's add that the young poet is a black muslim. Interesting, very interesting.[/reply]

What's the point you're trying to make?
Quote Reply
Re: Poem by 7 year old... [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he's saying that any organization that venerates Louis Farrakhan as a prime source of guidance and leadership has some real issues. That little girl, with the encouragement and impetus of her parent (apparently) is engaging in racist speech, whether she's old or mature enough to realize it, just as a 7 old boy who's been cloaked in a minature KKK hood and robe since he could toddle would be engaging in racist behaviors for doing the same thing.

Call it whatever you like....indoctrination or brain-washing by an idiot parent, it's still scary. I think it also speaks to a wide reluctance, especially by the liberal left in this country, to step up and criticize obviously hateful and racist speech when it issues forth from a formerly-oppressed minority, be it African-American, Hispanic-American or whomever.

This child should be out enjoying sunny days in the park and having fun with friends. Instead, elements in our society, so consumed with animus against the very country that's given them the freedoms that allow them to make stupid statements such as they do from time-to-time, has taken a child and twisted her worldview to the point that nothing but bile and venom are gotten from her scribblings.

Whatever happened to proud parents standing their children up and having them recite the "Itsy-bitsy Spider" song? I'm telling you, guys.....it's the tyranny of recess!!

T.
Quote Reply
Re: Poem by 7 year old... [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey BK, the liberal left doesn't like it anymore than the mouthy right - except they realize freedom is a good thing. At least we know where these elements are and what they're doing. Hey, she can recite all the garbage (that her parents actually wrote) she wants. She probably won't crash planes into buildings.
Quote Reply
Re: Poem by 7 year old... [ibchillin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's true. No plane crashing, thank God. I get upset about parents on both sides of the political spectrum who take kids who don't really know any better and have them start spouting off this stuff. I've seen little kids at KKK rallies dressed in those ridiculous robes, and I've seen MoveOn-type parents sticking minature "I'm Just A Kid, But I Support Abortion" signs in their little hands.

There's an old saying that goes "as the twig is bent, so is shaped the tree". I wonder if this is really the intent of this little girl's father?

T.
Quote Reply