Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Covid rates dropping fast, why?
Quote | Reply
My little Upstate town is back to 0 cases, thank goodness! We were zero for most of last year until around Thanksgiving when it started rising. It got up to 19 cases at one point, but there are only 2000 people in Shandaken and they're mostly spread out through the State Forest. Best guess is that the skiers coming to Belleayre ski area brought Covid with them.

I get a different statistic for my Long Island town but it's down to 0.16 new cases per day on a ten day average. At one point, it was over 20 new cases per day.

So, it looks like the vaccines are working. And they are working fast. I wish we could find a way to convince everyone to get vaccinated.

Juniors Cheesecake is giving a free cheescake with proof of vaccination. If that does't do it for you, I don't know what will!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Covid rates dropping fast, why? [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's great news. Three main reasons it's happened - probably northwardss of 50 million people that have been infected that have varying levels of immunity, plus ~160 million vaccine doses, plus those of us that were still wearing masks and social distancing up until we got vaccinated (especially in those more populus areas on the coasts).

I still have concerns about people who CAN'T get vaccinated being infected by those who WON'T get vaccinated, but hopefully that will be moot if the numbers drop that much.

Now to fix the rest of the world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wasn’t going to get vaccinated but when Canadian Tire offered $2 in Canadian Tire money, that made me rethink my entire belief system.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: May 15, 21 3:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My county recently passed 70% of adults with at least one shot. In the past few weeks, the case rate and positivity rate have been cut in half.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I test Covid everyday. At on point we were doing ~50tests/per shift with about 10% positive. My last 3 shifts I tested less than 20 and had 0 positive.

I’m glad the numbers have dropped, but it leaves me to wonder if the positive rate is lower because of less testing or because people aren’t infected.

We had about 20 patients on the Covid ward at any given time during the height of the pandemic. I checked Friday and we only had 5.

Maybe we really are in the right road.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In addition, rates tend to go down in the warm weather months.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Science😜
Quote Reply