Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Build Up Fatigue
Quote | Reply
I am just in my last block before a race and I have been really fatigue. Resting HR much higher than usual as well. Training is nothing different to previous build ups but I also had some personal stuff going on that impacted my sleep for a couple weeks. Could it be that this really impacts my recovery that bad? I am taking an extra day off (even though it does play with my mind) despite my numbers in TP not suggesting I would need it. Has anyone experienced similar and how did you handle the situation?
Quote Reply
Re: Build Up Fatigue [Tomaz021] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tomaz021 wrote:
Could it be that this really impacts my recovery that bad?

Yes. Prioritize sleep till you get back on track.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Listening to your body and will certainly pay more dividends over a computer generated algorithm... I work long rosters 12 hour days and used to be a slave to my program but now tweak it back with my coach or just take days off as I need them. Mentally cope much better, enjoy life a lot more and getting to the race not tired far outweighs any session you may have missed.
Quote Reply
Re: Build Up Fatigue [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback and my coach already took out that session today as well. The part where you said being a save to an algorithm puts it all into perspective I have to admit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You made the right call
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tomaz021 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback and my coach already took out that session today as well. The part where you said being a save to an algorithm puts it all into perspective I have to admit.

The graphs in Training Peaks should only be used as a general guideline. They are right most of the time... until they aren't. This is also why you have a coach... listen to them. Take the time you need even though it messes up the "plan". Just remember that the "plan" is useless if it puts you in a hole you can't dig out of. Plans need to be adjusted on the fly and are never set in stone.
Quote Reply